95 in Seattle mid week....

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

IMO, if you are worried, leave the lights off for the entire day.

Just think of it as a storm simulation....cloudy skies...dark skies..etc..

Best,
Ilham

I had the lights on for an hour before I left and maybe an hour in the evening. All is well so far with the fans all blowing over the fuge and sump. I was sure hot in there but the chiller kept the tank at 80. Today is the true test! How long is this heat wave going to last anyhow?

Glad to see the Chiller is doing it's job for you. I think today is supposed to be the worst with the temps going down starting tomorrow. Of course this is what their forecasting, which to me is like looking into a crystal ball to determine what the future will hold for me. :). Hopefully their right for once..

Also, i dont know if you guys already knew this....

Putting fan on the main tank blowing over the water (if space permits) is way better than in the sump. So if you have fans on the sump right now... and you are bordering that temp... put another one on the main tank over the water.... and see for yourself...

That is just my experience.

It is cooking over here in Silverdale also. For less then the cost of a chiller I put in a large room AC...that way I can enjoy the "cool" also.

I keep the AC set at 78 degrees and that is where the tank stays also.

sunny.gif

surprisingly today I had the window a/c (8k btu) in one room with 2 small fans blowing out to the main living room (3 bedrrom apartment) and the temp in the place stayed at 73 and topped out at 75 when the sun hit the side of the building the tank without the chiller krept up to 83 but never went over... I am doing the reverse light cycle for the entire summer as I don't want the a/c going 24/7 and at night it is cool enough to open the windows and run the window fans... The key is I start the a/c early and keep everything closed up to keep the sun out.

Back