A Clearly Fabricated 270g

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

yeah i'll find the latest ones (thanksgivings been hectic)
before plumbing:
DSC00306.jpg

after plumbing:
sumpplumbing004.jpg

i just had my patio done and the electrition in and out putting in 2 more 20 amp circuits for a total of 4 20 amp circiuts. half of the lights got hung today...

equipement pics:
fishstuff2132.jpg

fishstuff2134.jpg

electrition:
fishstuff2121.jpg

patio re-do:
fishstuff2120.jpg

my yard in the middle of the two..lol
fishstuff2119.jpg

and still an empty tank ..lol I do need some "nozzles" though.... that will be the last step before water.

Kyle,

I want to know who's idea it was, to add the fire extinguisher in pic # 2?

Man, good job on the plumbing.

You don't need to wait for nozzles to add water, just shut all the valves to the CL.

Lookin' good!

Jason Gregory

I had an extra one layin around i thought i would through it up just in case...
ill throw water in it this week.... just to test flow ect..

This is all true, but to play Devil's Advocate, there is another advantage to having two returns. That sort of redundancy allows for travel with a bit of piece of mind. If you are always going to be near the tank, then one pump is great for all the reasons that Maxx wrote, but if you EVER want to leave for more than a day or two, then two pumps can be a blood pressure saver! Unless of course whomever is watching the tanks is qualified to swap out pumps for you!

Josh

P.S. This is coming together nicely!

I realize you've already bought the pumps, but I would suggest you reconsider your plan here. One larger pump can do more for you, while using less electricity. That can be a concern if your forced to use a generator at all. As far as redundancy goes...design your plumbing so that replacing a pump is fast and easy, and then buy a back up pump and keep it ready to go.

Experiance talking here. I have two pumps in my 58 gallon tank.....I need a chiller. I have one pump running on my 120, no chiller needed. Both are in the same room.

Nick

Valid point. I designed my plumbing to be pretty simple, so doing a pump swap wont be difficult for anyone who watches my tank. Its all in the planning.

Nick

well i loaded it up this week and found a couple leaks in the plumbing.... any ideas on how to seal it at the elbows besides taking it apart? and regluing it? (yes i used primer and pvc cement).........

well i loaded it up this week and found a couple leaks in the plumbing.... any ideas on how to seal it at the elbows besides taking it apart? and regluing it? (yes i used primer and pvc cement).........

Sorry bud.. taking apart and reguluing is your best long term solution. you could slap a bunch of cement on there, but it'll look a little ugly and the bond isn't as solid..

very true -= I did everything under the sun to stop it nothing worked so I did end up redoing it per (jason) instructions with spa flex.

allright update.... Thought I had a sump crack...... just a leaky bulkhead in the back... pulled everything out redid plumbing and cleaned sump..... worked great....

next adventure.... after filling it up I added sand..... WRONG..... ADD SAND WHEN EMPTY OR CLOSE TO IT... I waited 3 days for it to settle.... never did... so i put my skimmer into action for 6 hrs.... got a concrete like thick paste... then i noticed it was EVERYWHERE everything was coated in this gunk... so another empty job under taken to clean everything and finished and refilled last night (I had to use tap as if another thing happened i'd need new filters..lol) so i have some base(live rock) that was sitting in an unlit sump under my 40 ..tossed that and a bowl of live sand in there this morning.. and let the cycle proceed... and the pictures

alrighty had a coal and rock pickup so here are some pictures as of today...

middle
jk022.jpg

left;
kl011.jpg

right:
kl010.jpg

some new corals all this was added yestterday as a tnk breakdown forced the sale to me...
kl030.jpg

kl002.jpg

kl009.jpg

kl008.jpg

kl006.jpg

jk023.jpg

woooowww long time no update.....
so I picked up fish from spokane awhile back
Fish List:
9" tennant tang
8" Naso tang
3-4" hippo tang
3 bartlett anthias
2 lyretail anthias
1 pygmy angel
1 chromis
1 clown
1 bar goby
Invertabrate List
1 pair cleaner shrimp
1 pair blood shrimp
6 peppermint shrimp
1 brittle starfish
30 hermits
30 snails

Coral List
1 large favia
1 M. Digitata (pink)
1 M.Digitata (yellow)
1 8"dia. PR M. cap
1 frag orange M. cap
2x bubble corals
3x candy cane type corals
1x hydrnaphora excesa
1x mountain zoos
1x mountain mushrooms
1x 20 head frogspawn
Pictures up next...

almost forgot 1x oregon tort.

looking at the pictures add ..
lawnmower blennie
african wrasse
and a 10" Yellow tang to the list.

and this is what happens when you dont have a big enough cleaner crew (or a tigershark )
00000130.jpg

Back