a couple quick questions

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

37tall

i have a rio 800 and a rotating deflective head to produce a wave motion, as my primary water powerhead in my head. i just feel like their is to much sediment on the lower rocks and their isnt enough moevment in the lower half of the tank. i was looking at the hydro korial type power head( they resemble a fan blade in a prtectiv shell. Any suggestions ?

Hydor Koralia power heads are quite new and supposed to be really good. They recently had a voluntary recall on a couple models but have since fixed that problem. Because of that, they may still be on back order though. From everything I've read about them, they're supposed to give Tunze a run for their money at a much cheaper cost. The only drawback I could see is their size in the tank. They do take up quite a bit of room. But so does the Tunze. Another option would be a Seio.

Hydor Koralia power heads are quite new and supposed to be really good. They recently had a voluntary recall on a couple models but have since fixed that problem. Because of that, they may still be on back order though. From everything I've read about them, they're supposed to give Tunze a run for their money at a much cheaper cost. The only drawback I could see is their size in the tank. They do take up quite a bit of room. But so does the Tunze. Another option would be a Seio.

Right on, I agree.

Herefishy, what size tank do you have the #4 on? I'm considering adding 1 or 2 to my 75. I'm thinking 2-#3s would be perfect. Not to hijack this thread...lol. 37Tall, consider having more than 1 powerhead in your tank. 1 creates a linear flow pattern, while 2 or more, aimed at either glass walls or eachother's flow pattern can create great random flow, which is better for your tank. This would work great with a couple Koralias.

I have 2 SEIOs 2600s on a controller at both ends of my 180 at the top.
I put the Hydor running downward across the bottom to keep flow decent down there too. Has helped. Have it plugged into my light timer.

Very easy to adjust and when one considers the innate value of the magnet system...

I really don't think the Koralia's size is all that bad. The mounting system makes them easier to direct, place and hide. I love the magnet/suction cup mounting system. :)

Back