A few pics of my new fish

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Herefishyfishy

Smart Bass
Just out of QT, etc. Hippo, Dejardini, Sohal, Navarchus, and Mystery wrasse.
Sorry about salt spots, was just an experiment with manual focus that almost worked

Sohal and Majestic Angel

Majestic checking out Pavona

A few Sohal shots (called "cheeky")

Mystery Wrasse

Hippo and Dejardini

I too am jealous. I can't wait to get my tank stocked. That sohal tang. It is a beautiful fish. I wish you lots of luck and hope that your fish stay healthy. I'm sure they cost you a pretty penny.

Thanks guys, fish were all bargains. I am not Bill Gates so they are all either from Wholesalers or from fellow RF tanks. The Sohal and Mystery Wrasse were $100 combined (but as a very special deal since I bot so many nice corals) The Sohal is the friendlyest fish I have seen. First into the tank, was pecking on my fingers for food. The previous owner referred to it as a cheeky little pet, so that is what I named it: Cheeky.

The new Coral pics will come later when I get a chance(and I already cleaned the glass too):D

nice fish Mike!!!!! when you get tired of the sohal, shoot a pm my way!!!! LOL

Amazing how fast one can get attached to a fish. This 4" Sohal as a small juvi is just too cute, and I hope to stay friends with Cheeky for many a year.

(Don't tell the Majestic or it might get jealous, the other tangs understand)

How is the majestic doing for you mike? I am thinking about getting one myself. Also, have you added anything since the sohal, i want to know how aggressive he is(I woulnt mind having one of those either:))

-augustus

I love all your new pictures!

The Majestic is doing great as is the Sohal. The tang was the last fish added and is getting more and more agressive. Not mean, just pushy and I might eventually have to part with it. Even chases the docile angel who is larger than it. They are the king of their tanks!

we to are looking to get a large angel-it is between the emporer and the majestic. where did you get yours? it looks amazing! how does it deal with your corals?

we to are looking to get a large angel-it is between the emporer and the majestic. where did you get yours? it looks amazing! how does it deal with your corals?

I just put an emperor in my reef. Might not do that again, he likes to munch on hydnophora, pocillopora, and xenia. So far he's left the acros alone. Totally depends on the fish, hit or miss...

Nice fish Mike!

Thanks Brian.

Got mine with a group order with Larry and Vicky from a LA wholesaler. It is an awesome fish that LOVES nori and will eat whatever meaty treat or flake that hits the tank. The tangs and it create a feeding frenzy over anything.

The Majestic has left all corals alone save for some Blasto merletti frags and some pink zoas. Didn't notice him nipping them untill most of the frags were gone. Moved them up onto the frag shelf and now he can't get to them. He leaves the Zoas alone now too.

they look great mike. I cant wait till my 180 gets cycled. any more updated pics?

Back