A few pictures from my tanks

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks again everyone!
What bulb are you running?
I run Reeflux 400W 10,000K mogul mount bulb in PFO reflectors driven by PFO HQI ballasts. The bulbs are 9" off the water. The 8' tanks have 5 bulbs each over them with VHO T-12's (420nm) and HO T-5's (450nm). In the future I plan to switch the 420nm bulbs to 450nm bulbs as funds allow.

Regards,
Kevin

keep more pics coming
Maybe one or two more if I have to :) :D :lol:

Regards,
Kevin

pocillipora.JPG

450_3-2007.jpg

Looks GOOD all I can say is WOW.Judging by the bracing config. these are glass tank pics. correct?Must be custom made?Cuz I looked for a tank that size,and 265g was the largest I could find without going custom.BTW I love glass tanks for my main display.

All the corals except the Favia in the 450 are captive grown frags. I really think this is the way of the future for coral collectors.

Regards,
Kevin

That tank is awesome Kevin. Thanks again for the pictures. I have to agree with you that most corals of the future are going to be aqua cultured. It doesn't bother me one bit either.

Suprized

Both tanks are acrylic.

Due to acrylic's superior strength compared to glass I assumed I was looking at glass due to the bracing I've never seen an acrylic w/bracing,interesting,How's the clarity of the acrylic on this age tank ?

Back to the braces

Due to acrylic's superior strength compared to glass I assumed I was looking at glass due to the bracing I've never seen an acrylic w/bracing,interesting,How's the clarity of the acrylic on this age tank ?
Are they meant to prevent bowing ? Acommon problem w/ acrylic

Are they meant to prevent bowing ? Acommon problem w/ acrylic
Sorry I didn't realize you could see the bar clamps holding the tank together. The acrylic is quite clear although it distorts a bit looking in from the front as it is 1" thick (the ends are 3/4"). The bar clamps are an emergency measure because the top has come loose from the back. I plan to replace the tank with a low iron glass one when funds allow.

Regards,
Kevin

Back