A few recent shots

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

kevinpo

Expert
I took some new pictures of my corals last week. I have given up trying to prevent them from overgrowing each other. I hope you enjoy them.

Regards,
Kevin
25MVC-014F.JPG

25MVC-007F.JPG

25orange-cap.JPG

25milli.JPG

25Humilis.JPG

25cerealis.JPG

GREAT PICTURES!!!!!!!

Some day I hope to be able to grow SPS as well as you.

Only have one question. The last photo, the coral centered in middle, pink with blue tips. What kind is it and do you have any frags?

Duane

Awesome shots Kevin! Awesome!

What do you know about the Acro colony in the last picture? I have one I bought as a brown rescue and it is turing into a purple tip with green polyp colony.. It's shape and growth patter is identical to mine.. Just curious what you know about yours since I know nothing about mine other than it was wild at one point..

I love seeing pictures on this site. I think our corals and our strategies we emply to making a beautiful tank says a lot about us. I see people post on here all the time, and kind of get a sense of who they are and what they are like. I love it.

Thanks kevin,
Mat

The last picture is of a A. cerealis. It was a Walt Smith aquacultured coral I got a few years ago. It looks like it is going to form a table or flat pillow type growth pattern. Most of the purple tip Acropora corals with green polyps and fine branches I have seen are A. valida. That doesn't mean that there aren't many other Acropora sp. that have purple tips and contrasting polyps just that almost all the ones I have seen going around in the hobby trade are A. valida (my best guess).

Regards,
Kevin

Thanks Kevin. We'll see what its final coloration ends up being. It has been a slow transition over the course of 3 months and i expect it will take 1 or 2 more

Man, I can't wait until Saturday. It's been a while since I've seen the monster. I guess I'll bring my camera along. Have you prepared the inhabitants for all us crazies??
See ya Saturday.
Oh, by the way, NICE PICS!!!! :D

Oh Kevin you dawg! Very very nice. One day I hope to give up on keeping the corals from overgrowing each other. For now I am still waiting for that to happen, maybe next year? One day I would love to come out your way and meet you, see the shop and your reef, and of course spend a couple hun :D

Kevin,

Whats the blue millepora? Or is that what it is? It looks like an Acropora Millepora. Do you have frags of that one? Its the second picture from the bottom.

Wow Kevin! It just keeps getting better, it's about time for another road trip for the boys out west. We'll have to make sure BigT comes out with us so he can drop his couple hun :p With my new cube up and running I'm sure I'll be in the same boat :D Trevor (Marine Dreamer) is about to actually get some water in a tank, so he can actually get some livestock instead of just dreaming :p couldn't help myself Trevor :badgrin:

todd I should be getting something good tommorrow. I will need to hook up trevor as well with some frags. I will keep you posted. We should go visit Kevin again. No stores like it in the tank. We can wait until his new tank is running. I would love to see his softie tank even though I think soft corals are evil.

From Todd:

Trevor (Marine Dreamer) is about to actually get some water in a tank, so he can actually get some livestock instead of just dreaming :p couldn't help myself Trevor :badgrin:

Ah, I feel all the love.... :confused:

From Brad:

We should go visit Kevin again.

And Todd again:

Road trip....road trip...road trip :D

I'd love to go again. Nikki and Kat have Premium Aquatics, but we've got Kevin!!! :eek:

they are a little closer to premium Aquatic. It shouldn't be a full long day for them to go there.

Whats the blue millepora? Or is that what it is? It looks like an Acropora Millepora. Do you have frags of that one? Its the second picture from the bottom.

Hi Randy,
Yes it is :) It is one of my favorite corals. It's an awesome shade of blue that my cheap camera can't capture. I'm hoping to get a much better camera next month for my birthday (if my wife gives me the nod) that will make my corals look better. It has been a slow grower in the past but seems to be speeding up recently. I have only made a couple of frags from it and they went quickly. It is definitely something I will put a frag of in the store display tank. I haven't cut any frags from the tank in about three months because I didn't want it to appear chopped up for the meeting. I will cut a bunch of frags soon after though :) (maybe even a couple from the millepora).

Regards,
Kevin

Kevin,

Definetly an awsome coral. I look forward to seeing it in your gigantic display. It seems like many of the pretty blue ones are slow growers. My blue tort is definetly on the "slow" side of things but still one of my all time favorites. Also your A nana does some neet things under my radiums. I get yellow tips, purple further down and cream on the rest of it.

randythereefer said:
Kevin,

Definetly an awsome coral. I look forward to seeing it in your gigantic display. It seems like many of the pretty blue ones are slow growers. My blue tort is definetly on the "slow" side of things but still one of my all time favorites. Also your A nana does some neet things under my radiums. I get yellow tips, purple further down and cream on the rest of it.

That's wierd, my nana, that I got from Kevin has purple tips and green polyps. The body of the coral is like yours :D

Back