A stranger in the tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hi and welcome ! :)

Not sure at all...possibly a nudi or slug or some sort maybe ?
Can you get a closer pic ?

Thanks for the wellcome

Sorry about the picture quality but I had to get a quick one while our invader was still in sight. Will try to get another but in the interim the best I can do is a little better description. Our friend is about 1/2" long with a flattened body edged on both sides with small snowflake like protrusions. The colour is pure white and there seem to be antennae on the head. Thanks again.

Yes, a cleaner picture can help us. For now I'll take a stab and say a nudie.

Isn't it crazy how a nudi found mainly in Australia can end up on rock in Canada. Do you think it is possibly a sub-species of the one in that link ?

I checked the link and you nailed the little bugger. A nudie he is for sure. I think I will let him roam for now unless he starts to damage my soft corals and then he's an ex-nudie! Noe on to my other problem...back to siphoning my latest crop of cyanobacteria... OH JOY! And I thought the algae in my fresh water tanks was fun! :|

I had 5-6 of them for a while in my tank. Never witnessed any coral damage. They all just disappeared after a while.

And quite a beautiful creature it was too. I say was because I just caught it munching away on one of my Feather Dusters. I kind of hated to dispose of it, like I said it was quite a striking creature and I would have loved to have kept it.

Back