A whole new dimension!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Mike you will love the 3' of depth. I know I love it in my 270g. You can get really creative with your rock work. It so much easier to make caves and hiding places for your fish to take refuge in. Also too what I like about it is all my rock work in front of the tank is at least 8-12'' from the front glass and that leaves so much realestate on the aquarium floor for LPS or what ever you are stocking and have all your SPS on the rock work. I can't wait to put my corals in there. I might throw a LPS I don't really care much about in there tonight when I get home from work so I can have something to look at in there besides the chromis and wrasse which are doing great. I don't know if you've seen my tank pics yet but my tank is half BB and half sand. No sand in the back half of the tank and a powerfull tunze tucked away out of view in a corner to flush out detritus build up strait towards the OFB and into the sump.

Time for an update. Today, Will (WillandCorina), Tony (AJnWeb) and Barbie helped get the tank to our house. I'm still in the stand building process, but needed the tank here to make sure my stand plans weren't going to interfere with the drain holes that are drilled in the tank. Will, Tony and Barbie, thank you so much!! LOL Will probably be calling when it's time to put the tank in the house!!

The stand has taken a lot longer than I'd planned. Not because it's complicated, but because I never got started on it when I planned...lol. I'm also having to build the stand in 3 stages and assemble them once in the house. The stand won't fit through any doors...lol. The first 2 stages are completed. 3rd stage will consist of plywood sheeting. I'm building the stand to make it easy to disassemble, since it won't fit through any of our doorways.

I'll take pics tomorrow and get them posted.

cool update ,I had t do the three piece deal also but no easy break downable lol
Time for an update. Today, Will (WillandCorina), Tony (AJnWeb) and Barbie helped get the tank to our house. I'm still in the stand building process, but needed the tank here to make sure my stand plans weren't going to interfere with the drain holes that are drilled in the tank. Will, Tony and Barbie, thank you so much!! LOL Will probably be calling when it's time to put the tank in the house!!

The stand has taken a lot longer than I'd planned. Not because it's complicated, but because I never got started on it when I planned...lol. I'm also having to build the stand in 3 stages and assemble them once in the house. The stand won't fit through any doors...lol. The first 2 stages are completed. 3rd stage will consist of plywood sheeting. I'm building the stand to make it easy to disassemble, since it won't fit through any of our doorways.

I'll take pics tomorrow and get them posted.

Keep us updated on the stand progress and when you will need a hand lifting that beast onto the stand! You are going to need arm extensions to reach the back of that tank, and maybe just to reach the bottom front.

I'm going to chime in on this one....LOL. So I'm pretty happy that we finally have the tank here. Hopefully in the next couple days we will have it in the house on the stand and other things moved around. I'm really looking forward to have more room to grow out our corals more. Our 75g is soooo full of stuff that we're out of room for anything else. So stay tuned for more updates!!!

Charlie, by the time you get here, I'm hoping to have the tank sitting on the stand. The stand will just be framed, but not sheeted yet.

Yesterday, I moved Angie's Aquapod to it's temporary location and moved the desk to it's new location. Today, I hope to have time to assemble the stand, where the desk was sitting.

Finally, a couple of pictures...lol. The stand is assembled, and in the living room. Well, partially assembled. The framework is complete and ready to hold up the tank. I'll probably have the tank on the stand tomorrow, depending on how much help I'm able to get. I'll sheet the stand later, most likely with 1/2" oak ply. The "floor" will be 1/2" CDX plywood. I had to build the stand in stages, that I could then bring into the house and assemble. Otherwise, it wouldn't fit through any doors.

3696454627_b43b489c1a_b.jpg

3697262482_0e1f54c772_b.jpg

Here's the tank, still crated up.

3697262030_c1c6751d69_b.jpg

3697261192_22806e0db7_b.jpg

Last edited:
oooooooooooooooo aaaaaaaaa cant wait to see that puppy up and operational, looks great keep up the good work

When is it actually going on the stand? If its this coming Saturday I think I could help sometime in the later afternoon as I plan on attending the SRS meeting.

Back