A whole new dimension!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I also am looking at better flow for the tank..
I'm looking at getting two of the Tunze trubella stream 6125's
Thats 3100gph each
Or maybe the next step down..LOL

2 of them? talking about a sand storm. Are you going to mount them on the sea swirls? Tunzes are some powerfull pumps!

Looking great!! I really like that color stain on the wood.
I had one suggestion for you on hiding the screws if you are looking for alternatives.
You can take them out, countnersink the holes so that you get the screw head about 1/4" below the surface. Then get a plug cutter bit and that will let you make 'plugs' that glue in over the screw heads. Makes for a really clean install.

gotta love the deep dimension marinelands. ive been dreaming about one lately myself ! What are you going to use for lighting ? retrofits or a fixture ?

I'll be using a fixture, more like 2 fixtures...lol. To begin with, I'll be using the 6 bulb Tek5, T5HO fixture, that's currently on our 75. Soon, I'll add another 4 or 6 bulb Tek5 fixture, behind it. Unfortunately, even an 8 bulb Tek5 won't be large enough to do just one fixture...lol. Our 6 bulb fixture will cover half of the tank though!! LOL

Ummm not sure what the debate is about. I'm not hooking any Tunzes to any Seaswirls...lol.

I was just trying to say that the flow was going to be good and I dont think it would be too overkill on that big of a tank. It looks great though, i'm looking forward to seeing it up and runnin.

mike1441: gotta love the reeflo pumps, they are super efficient. and quiet.

EDIT: I thought Sid posted that, adams flow is fine! lol

Tom

Last edited:
WooHoo!!! We got a tank full of water!!! It's only freshwater, to test plumbing, flow and such. No leaks, stand is level, we're making progress!!

3821761841_0d7e5ee2fc_b.jpg

3821762175_2c00b73737_b.jpg

Yes, there's a mesh wheel in the skimmer collection cup...lol. Just put it there so I wouldn't lose it in all the clutter.

3822568562_5c04577c79_b.jpg

The Sea Swirl on the left hand side will have the locline added to it tomorrow. I wanted to see the flow with and without the locline Y.

3821762827_468925cf5f_b.jpg

Last edited:
WOOHOO!!! I can't wait till we can start transferring stuff from our other tanks to this tank. Then I'll have lots of room for all the corals I want from many different sites....after I get the money of course....LOL

YEAH WATER!!!!!!!!!! That is going to be SWEET! We were in your neck of the woods today to get some more stuff for our build as well. Is it going to be filled with all your AWESOME corals by club meeting time?

Back