A whole new dimension!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I'm sorry..I gave you the wrong item.

you need this, ALGAE CUTTER SLEEVE -Medium...it slides over the top of my great white shark magnet (or any magnet for that matter)
these are 5.50 and will shipping maybe another 4.00, so for $10-12 still worth it..

It use to take me 45 mins to clean the front of my tank with a kent scraper ( as I dont have a front access panel)..arms were tired and hated it...with the sleeve pocket, it took me 1 minutes to clean my tank...it rocks !!!

No, I haven't, though I've read about them and considered it. Maybe I need to consider it a little more seriously...lol. I absolutely LOATHE scraping coralline!! Especially in a 27" deep tank!

$4.50?? I thought they were much more expensive than that! Looking at the website, I'm seeing $85.00 for the least expensive magnet.

Can the "dozer" be used on a MagFloat or do you have to purchase Mighty Magnets algae cleaners?

You do not have to buy thier magnet, it works fine on my hammerhead as long as you have the larger size mag float you should be fine. The pad with the dozer on it is 3 1/4" x 4 1/2", it hangs over a bit on the hammerhead which is only 2" x 4" but still works great. Best thing I ever bought for cleaning the acrylic, only takes minutes to do my big tank. I used to have to do it in shifts as my hand and arm would get tired.

psh, you guys are trouble :)

I'm thinking the "Algae Dozer" - thats the one that scrapes off the corraline like magic :) And starts at 4.50 each

Ya know, this one

IMG_0081.JPG

psh, you guys are trouble :)

I'm thinking the "Algae Dozer" - thats the one that scrapes off the corraline like magic :) And starts at 4.50 each

Ya know, this one

IMG_0081.JPG

That's why I asked, earlier, if the pad, itself, will fit on a MagFloat. The Mighty Magnet algae magnets are REALLY EXPENSIVE....lol.

Like I said, I'm really easily confused, lately.

In that case, Madam Vice President, get on it! One of us can start a thread, on our club forum, and get a group buy going on these. Or, we could consult with one of our LFS Sponsors, here on Reef Frontiers, and run a group buy through one of them! If you want to head it up, go for it. If you'd like, I can.

I‘ve used both the Algae Dozer and Algae Cutter Pocket with a MagFloat for several months. I believe these would work with any magnetic cleaner. I would buy both, found the Cutter pocket worked best for green and brown algae (for larger mag cleaners see the Cutter Sleeves), Dozer for coralline. I also clean more frequently because these make it easier.

PROOF OF EXISTENCE!!

Finally, after 11 months, this guy let's me photograph it, even if for only a brief moment!!

Sorry for the low quality photos. It was in a dark area, and I couldn't avoid the reflections. It was either, get the photo, or wait for who knows how long, for another chance!!

5502961393_2533a79eed_b.jpg

5503552152_23f29a9782_b.jpg

One last one, before it exits, stage left. Sorry about the reflections.

5503553800_2b3d4a6522_b.jpg

Reintroducing Abby!! (Madison names "her" a few years back!)

We've had this turbo snail, since we began this hobby. It's made the transition from our original tank, a 29, to our 46, then the 75, and finally, into our 200. It's hard to believe that something this large would be able to hide, but it does. We'll go many months, without even seeing it, to catch a glimpse of the shell, deep in the rocks. Every few months, Abby makes the journey out onto the glass, showing us that "she's" not only still alive, but has grown even more...lol. She's 3"+ across!

5512459763_eebcf49aa5_b.jpg

5513056588_4213baa45b_b.jpg

5512458793_9a0244f108_b.jpg

Sporting a Majano..lol.

5513060048_535072e6ae_b.jpg

A face only a mother, or Madison, could love!

5512461647_6861c6abe7_b.jpg

Since I had the camera out, and food thawing, I decided to spot feed some corals.

I've spot fed corals, on occasion, but never regularly. After doing some recent reading, on the beneficial increased growth rates, especially in Acans and Echinophyllia, I've decided I'm going to start feeding more regularly.

5513064086_6cd697263c_b.jpg

5513066506_15a5bf14d5_b.jpg

I know nothing about acans, but when my lava chalice frag wasn't growing at all I worked hard to target feed some mysis and got it to eat a couple and I think that is the only reason it is still alive today. LPS love some munchies!

Back