A whole new dimension!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thank you Michael. Please let me know. The other frag I gave to someone on RF may have recently of lost his colony. I am going to be so sad if I could never get it back. =(

Beautiful shot of the BTA. I have a question, I got a small baby BTA. It is under a rock and completely out of the light. It has been there for about 4 days. Should I try to move it? I don't want it to die. =( These past couple of weeks have been a little rough on me. Thank you for your help Michael.

Thank you Michael. Please let me know. The other frag I gave to someone on RF may have recently of lost his colony. I am going to be so sad if I could never get it back. =(

Beautiful shot of the BTA. I have a question, I got a small baby BTA. It is under a rock and completely out of the light. It has been there for about 4 days. Should I try to move it? I don't want it to die. =( These past couple of weeks have been a little rough on me. Thank you for your help Michael.

It will come out eventually. Feed it, or change the direction of flow and you should get some response.

Thank you!

As for your BTA, I'd suggest leaving it alone for now. Let it settle into "it's spot." Once it finds it's happy spot, it'll probably attach it's foot, under rock work and stretch out, towards the light, during the day. For now, I wouldn't mess with flow at all, as that could prolong it's finding it's happy spot. If it's currently attached, under a rock, and doesn't come out for a few more days, you may try turning that particular rock, some. Don't turn it completely over, but turn it enough to give the BTA some light. From there, it should do the rest, on it's own.

Figured I'd post some pics, in different sizes, to test a couple things with the forum upgrade.

Let's see...

How about Polyp Extension....

Large Sizes (1024X683)
5030345750_fc562562fc_b.jpg

4913616266_519953c470_b.jpg

Medium Sizes(640X427)
5030344790_69af3708e2_z.jpg

5029726509_460eb24c2c_z.jpg

Last edited:
are the top pics only half visible to you too? or am i the only one?

Sort of.

I think they are fully visable, they just go to the very edge of the post box

Sort of.

LOL. You're both kind of right. The top 2 pictures are only partially visible, UNLESS you scroll down a bit, until you see the horizontal scroll. Then you can scroll over to the right, and scroll back up, to see the rest of the photo. It's something we're working on, so I wanted to post a few pictures, to see what happens.

Just went thru all 29 pages of your thread, what an awesome system. Was wondering if you ever got around to trimming out the stand to hide the screws and added doors, the last shot of the stand was before you put in the live rock way back in the beginning.

Awesome shots!

Thank you so much!

Just went thru all 29 pages of your thread, what an awesome system. Was wondering if you ever got around to trimming out the stand to hide the screws and added doors, the last shot of the stand was before you put in the live rock way back in the beginning.

Thank you also, very much, especially for taking the time to read the entire 29 pages!

To answer your question, NO...lol. The stand hasn't changed at all. Someday...lol.

Took a few pictures, yesterday, and thought I'd post some.

5245425725_4a6fbb4e4d_b.jpg

5246025910_d6297ee5d1_b.jpg

5246025442_84e3889b06_b.jpg

5246024776_e971ed43d6_b.jpg

Today, while doing a water change, I decided to take some pictures, from a different point of view. With all the pumps turned off and about 30 gallons of water missing. I got down low and shot at the surface reflection, from below.

Because, with some pics, I had the camera angled up, pretty severely, some of the pics aren't totally focused.

5249650235_c7a4e7ee1c_b.jpg

5250251770_34ef670cc1_b.jpg

5250251136_6caa2b1e41_b.jpg

5250251136_6caa2b1e41_b.jpg

5250255732_b4d70d870e_b.jpg

5250254486_6d1644aa70_b.jpg

Great thread Michael! I really enjoyed reading it, and you definately have skills with the camera.

A few questions:
1) On thread 11-12-2010 04:00 PM, the top picture has a picture of a blue fish with a red face that is beautiful. What is the name of this fish?
2) How did you get your purple and red monti to grow like that? I assume you start with one and add the other?
3) You started your rock with a couple big piles, and changed it to more of a wall. What was the thinking there? Were you trying to fit more corals?

Back