Acan Collection Showing Off

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hey Petter. Your acan and chalice collection is awesome! Sweet eye candies... Love it, man. And you are very good with camera too :D

Thanks Thang,
I just hold my breath and press the button. Wished I had a Macro Lens though

Nice camera work Peter! Is there a chance I can get a frag of those chalices you got from me;):D? They were huge pieces. I just didn't have enough room for pieces that big.:evil:

Nice camera work Peter! Is there a chance I can get a frag of those chalices you got from me;):D? They were huge pieces. I just didn't have enough room for pieces that big.:evil:

Sarang,
Anytime. you can come over and frag for me. I don't have the tools or the know how to frag chalices.

Sarang,
Anytime. you can come over and frag for me. I don't have the tools or the know how to frag chalices.

Sweet!! It is pretty easy. I fragged those 2 chalice once. I don't know the people I fragged for even has them still. When would be a good time to come over?

Be sure to take pics of the fragging process and post them, so I can learn too...

It is pretty easy. You just have to score the bottom of the chalice 1st using a dremmel with cut off wheel and then either a flat head screw driver or if the piece is bigger a strudy putty knife would work nicely also. Place the screw driver or putty knife on the top side of the chalice and using a hammer with one or 2 hard blow to the screw driver or putty knife and it will splitt right where it was scored. Then using a razor blade quickly cut the flesh seperate if they didn't already seperate from the screw driver. Voila now you have chalice frags. Of course fragging chalices and acans are much easier if you have a band saw made to cut masonry or glass. You can get precise cuts with them. I mean you can frag a single acan polyp with ease with a band saw.

so you're the one that ended up with that lobo :) If you ever decide to lop off one of those heads on it, I could come up with some nice acans to trade for it..hint hint..haha

Back