acro power/feeding

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Dissenting opinions are what make or break an argument. Debate should be welcomed, and respected... I'm always up for a good debate, as long as you back your argument. Your post earlier is case and point to that. I didn't answer it by arguing, or at least that wasn't my intent, I answered it by sharing my reasoning. We don't learn by accepting, and more often than not we actually learn by making mistakes, of which acro power may be one for me.
But you are correct, this is the internet, and opinions are like as$holes, everyone has one, and very few of them are all that interesting, including mine. (opinion that is, I'll not comment on the later as I have no idea, LOL)

As an on topic note to the bit of a 'dosing diary' I've been keeping here, I just set my doser to deliver about 4ml daily at what is about high noon on the tank. That is a bit high to my water volume, but I'm dosing to the sump and its not baffled, so some is likely to be taken up by the skimmer.... Since adding the fuge and upgrading the sump I've been using 110 gallons as my estimate as far as water volume, and that would work out to a little more than 3ml as a daily recommended dose, so I think 4 seems about right for now, and we'll see how it goes.

her are some before and after photos i got while using acro power, i started dosing march 1st doing the recommended dosing once a week. ill try and continue to get some more updates as time goes on
feb 20th
IMG_1790.jpg

march 18th
IMG_2982.jpg

feb 20th
IMG_1800.jpg

march 18th
IMG_2965.jpg

feb 20th (took this one top down without portal so its blurry, the rest are using a portal)
IMG_1808.jpg

march 18th
IMG_3090.jpg

march 25th
IMG_3278.jpg

my acans and zoos are doing way better now and that birds nest has been in my tank for 6-7 months and it has grown more this month than the whole time I've had it.

also my rainbow wellso got 2 new mouths and inflates into a ballon during the middle of the day.
feb 18th
IMG_1772.jpg

march 6th
IMG_1899.jpg

march 20th
IMG_3228.jpg

today was my first day to dose. i dosed 40 ml. so half of what it called for. i have over 400 gallons on this tank. we will see how this stuff works. keep the picture coming.

So, the daily dosing seems to be the same as the weekly... Been about two weeks now, and nothing to really report, but I was kind of hoping for nothing new to report as much as anything.

Last edited:
I've heard it as well but haven't really tried it yet. People were saying that amino was not a "magic cure" but rather a food contribution. Actually the best way is your fishes' poop. People running ultra low nutrient tanks sometimes use it.

I've heard it as well but haven't really tried it yet. People were saying that amino was not a "magic cure" but rather a food contribution. Actually the best way is your fishes' poop. People running ultra low nutrient tanks sometimes use it.

There is no 'best way', the sooner you learn each tank has to be managed in its own way, the happier you'll be in the hobby......

Back