Acropora Millepora

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Whats up reefers!!!

Yes good idea Wonder...you start it and we all can post pics...I really enjoy pic threads the most...alot of you reefers here have some awsome tanks and sps pieces...I've seen alot of great looking frags on e-bay as well lately...very resonable prices compared to the imfamous large frag retailers....such a selection, heck its hard to even get the same piece, and I'm nearing 100 different acroporas now.....

soooooo...break out the pics...lol!

Doc Jerm

Last edited:
Ok, is this a yellow milli or yellow Prostata?

I could not tell which one of the above it was. But I keep waiting for it to break off. So can someone tell me Prostata or Milli?

hey whats up Ed....

its a mille....not prostrata...

a few guidlines...

mille......-rounder ends, very very hard skeleton..grows very symetrical uniform branches..short and stubby...

prostratas....-very brittle skeletons...pointed tips...irregular growth pattern, more length and thiness to the branches...really a huge difference...coralites look similar, but thats about it...there are a couple other similar sub-species, that throws a bigger "ID" curve...
Nice piece though...

Doc

hey whats up Ed....

its a mille....not prostrata...

a few guidlines...

mille......-rounder ends, very very hard skeleton..grows very symetrical uniform branches..short and stubby...

prostratas....-very brittle skeletons...pointed tips...irregular growth pattern, more length and thiness to the branches...really a huge difference...coralites look similar, but thats about it...there are a couple other similar sub-species, that throws a bigger "ID" curve...
Nice piece though...

Doc
Thanks, I appreciate you sharing your wealth.
Ed:)

Last edited:
My humble thanks Ed!!

I very much enjoy sharing and learning, to improve, establish and bring more people into this wonderful adventure of REEFING!! I love it...Our tanks bring us much happiness in an ever increasing dying world....

Doc out........................................................

Strangely my deep red prostrata is about my hardest coral to frag. It has such a hard skeleton.

Talking about some of those look-a-like millepora corals, here's a perfect example.

5.jpg

Acropora spicifera

Back