Aefw Grrrrrr

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I added T5's as well and I'm really impressed at how they affect color.
What nm T-5's are you using? Looks great! I've been switching out my 420nm VHO's for 450nm T-5's as funds allow because of the nicer coloration.

Regards,
Kevin

I have reeflux 10K 400 Watt bulbs suplimented with T5's with Giesman bulbs Aquablue + and Actinic +. I think that the Actinic is actually white, while the Aquablue is "actinic". Not sure of the frequency specs *not that much of a geek ;)* but I'm sure that you can find them online. I think that everyone should switch their supplimental lighting from VHO's/Powercompacts to T5's as funds allow. It makes since environmentally given the energy consumption as well as the amazing color changes. I have seen too MANY tanks that look amazing with T5's. In my experience, that is the case as well.

One thing.....The Oregon tort (stub) that you can see in the center of the bottom of the picture still looks lousy IMO. That is taking forever to color up. :(

I still can't get my tenuis colony back to where it was, for comparison, check this out compared to the dull color you see in the top picture

P1080056.jpg

Last edited:
Back