Aggggggh!!! Large Water Spill

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I had the same problem with that little pump which i consider about worthless. I ended up taking some air tubing and connecting it to a MJ1200 air intake and havent had a problem since. All I do now is make sure the MJ1200 is cleaned from time to time and it runs awesome!!
Erik

Well heard great reviews from RC, so I called & then eventually got one & called twice since for modifications & they replied every time nothing but great service. Maybe they see who is calling & decide not to talk to you;) No just kidding. I know aquaFX is partner with them you may want to inquire with them.

I have had a good experience with them also. Good customer service and a great product.

Brian

I still love my cpr but I too have fallen to its wrath. used a maxi 1200 for a pump for my cpr and the air line fell into the water pushing all water into it and the little hole meant to divert water if it gets to high wasnt large enough, so needless to say it spewed the first 6 inches of water out of my 125 all over the carpet and into the basement before the pump went dry, came home smelled burning plastic stood in a puddle and noticed the surge proctector had not poped and was sparking in the puddle. Lucky to be alive

I still love my cpr but I too have fallen to its wrath. used a maxi 1200 for a pump for my cpr and the air line fell into the water pushing all water into it and the little hole meant to divert water if it gets to high wasnt large enough, so needless to say it spewed the first 6 inches of water out of my 125 all over the carpet and into the basement before the pump went dry, came home smelled burning plastic stood in a puddle and noticed the surge proctector had not poped and was sparking in the puddle. Lucky to be alive

WOW thats about the worst case scenario that I could think of except for fire:eek: I have a few good ideas on how to solve the problem " thanks to everyones input" I will fix the problem to me the possibility of it happening again is just unacceptable.

how about, lucky your house, didnt burn down..

when my bassment flood years back (aka THE GREAT FLOOD) (6" water in a 2500squad foot bastment) we had just got new carpet and my dad is big on power strips

we use to let them sit on the carpet.. when the bassment flooded the power strips were submerged. none on them poped. when i came down to find the bassment flooded. (this is the part)

i could hear one power strip under the water beeping away

Ok this controler will auto top off and has a low water in sump shut off to protect your pump from burning out. It also protects against overflow on the main tank. I had them install a timer also. But best of all it has big flashing lights and alarm bells:lol: I hope this sucker eliminates the overflow problem.

If you look in my showcase thread I rewired one & upgraded it to two timers, but I converted it because I couldn't install it to my RO//DI unit, so I added another outlet & use that for the top-off from a 30g tub & a pump.

If you look in my showcase thread I rewired one & upgraded it to two timers, but I converted it because I couldn't install it to my RO//DI unit, so I added another outlet & use that for the top-off from a 30g tub & a pump.

I hooked it up today and all seemed quite simple. I have the ro/di unit hooked into the controler and all float valves in place. The problem I am having is the top off wont come on??? I have checked the float valve and it is above the water so I waited to see if the timer was the reason 15 min max wait time but it still wont come on. All the other float valves work. The unit seems simple water in water out. Any Ideas??:confused:

I hooked it up today and all seemed quite simple. I have the ro/di unit hooked into the controler and all float valves in place. The problem I am having is the top off wont come on??? I have checked the float valve and it is above the water so I waited to see if the timer was the reason 15 min max wait time but it still wont come on. All the other float valves work. The unit seems simple water in water out. Any Ideas??:confused:

Are the sump level floats latching?

Don

Ok dumb question but what does latching mean??
yes they move up and down. all other floats work.

Latching mean there are two floats that control the sump water level. The top float falls, then the bottom float falls, then the ato turns on then the bottom float rises, then the top float rises and turns off the ato.

Don

Latching mean there are two floats that control the sump water level. The top float falls, then the bottom float falls, then the ato turns on then the bottom float rises, then the top float rises and turns off the ato.

Don

Yes both floats are out of the water the sump is low. No the auto top off will not come on?

Sounds like you need to send it back or open it up to dianose andfix it.

Don

That SUCKS I paid way to much shipping this here. Just my luck.:cry: I did open it and smelled something not to good. Everything is still hooked up " no loose wires ":cry: I have sent the vendor an e-mail and I will have to wait for a responce.

Steven is very good with support, I know he will make it good! On the low level the Blue light should come on. This should make the solenoid energize & thus allow your RO/DI unit flow water. If the float bounces up & down it will make the timer reset.

Back