AGGGGGH!! FedEx

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

UPs stands for UNITED POP SMOKERS....

fedex stands for...........
eh
dont know

but when fedex sends me something they send diffrent drivers all the time. it gets there diffrent times... Ups sends my billy the up's dude.

Ohhh BILLY!!! Hold me.
I love you Billy you brought my package.:badgrin:
I think I am going to go cry in the shower now.:D
If we did not like you we would not pick on you.;)
The package shows that is on a local vehicle for delivery.
Hopefully I will have some survivors.
About the croc... About 3 yrs ago my brother and where fishing off the surf in fort fisher, NC and a croc was in the surf trying to get on the beach. Not sure where it came from but it was def out of place. Must has got out to far and got in a current. There are not native.

About 3 yrs ago my brother and where fishing off the surf in fort fisher, NC and a croc was in the surf trying to get on the beach. Not sure where it came from but it was def out of place. Must has got out to far and got in a current. There are not native.

Yeah no kidding they are not native! I think the nile is the closest place for a native croc. :eek:

well obviously u guys dont watch enough steve irwin or u would know there are saltwater crocs and freshwater crocs there not out of place at all in the surf they are incredible predators and truly are dinosaurs

Well the plot thickens. The package arrived. Torn up and wet. One of the bags had a 1" hole in it. The package had to dropped hard because the corals were in 6 bags. The Fedex guy said he was not going to leave the package due to it being damaged but I told him to leave it. I had to sign for it so I wrote damaged and a day late next to my signature. I checked the water temp.. 63. The are floating now. Am I wasting my time?
Morgan: NC coast!! I know they are in parts of GA, FL, Al, etc but not NC.

Last edited:
whats NC im talking about the N.T. Northen Terrtory in australia
of course its worth trying to save the coral they are incredibly hardy and given the right conditons could cum right back i think it was in reef keeping monethy i read about a guy who brought a trachy back from near nothingness anything is possible in this hobby

ahh well u see i was talking about australia because i live in australia i know a fair bit about america like they dont collect anything in your oceans i know where all the coral cums from in my tank to very specific regions of the austalian coast line
my lfs owner collects corals himself for his shop which 99% garuntees high quality corals
hope yours pull through best of luck

Well the plot thickens. The package arrived. Torn up and wet. One of the bags had a 1" hole in it. The package had to dropped hard because the corals were in 6 bags. The Fedex guy said he was not going to leave the package due to it being damaged but I told him to leave it. I had to sign for it so I wrote damaged and a day late next to my signature. I checked the water temp.. 64. The are floating now. Am I wasting my time?
Morgan: NC coast!! I know they are in parts of GA, FL, Al, etc but not NC.

Give it a run, you can probably nurse them back with some of that NC, TLC, don't you think?

yeah, try to save them!!!! what did the Fedex guy say they could do about it????

Live or not, they are coral and coral has an intrinsic value dead or alive. (we prefer the living stuff, but others pay real money for skeletons.) These were very rare corals and thus were insured for a lot. Now some are just smelly busted up pieces of coral and have lost most of their value. Save what life you can and file a partial claim for the smelly busted ones...

its hard to get inscurance on coral and fish but do they giove insurance on a dog or a cat? if so why not sumthing eles thats living

I am just hoping that this is not that beautiful order of blasto and such that we are talking about. If it is I am crying for you.

Be sure to keep us updated.

It all depends on if your shipper insured the package. If they did and there is physical damage to the package you have a very good case against them. I can't think of a reason why they would deny you. If the shipper didnt spring for the extra insurance(which is usually just 50 cents for $100 of insurance), I would look to them for reimbursment. Its just pure idiocy to not insure a package. I work at a UPS store and ship things for people every day. I know how often things get lost or damaged, and I would always buy the insurance.

Back