ahh man...This sucks!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

diablo

sand loving outcast
well I got up this morning to see the seahorse tank was dark. my female was flopping around in the tank. my male was dead at the bottom of the tank, and my true percs were breathing very hard.. looked around and the tank had no power. the power strip got shut off somehow. so there was no water movement at all no heater..

I did a 6 gallon water change on the 24 gallon aquapod, and the female seahorse is still breathing and not thrashing itself around. The percs are breathing normal again. so I may have lost both of my seahorses what a bummer. I am so depressed right now they were the largest seahorses I or anybody that has stopped by here has seen.

To add insult to injury my occelaris clowns in my reef tank. The female has a cut on her side now. no clue what it was from.. she is fine happy and eating but still am concerned for her... I think she is the oldest fish in the tank meaning after I set this tank up over 2 years ago she was one of my original fish I bought...

what a bummer...

Bummer Larry... I hate when things like this happen :doubt: Hope your female sea-horse makes it as well and your clown's wound doesn't get infected at all:)

I think this should serve as a word to the wise... see my signature.. thats too many tanks!

I bought a generator earlier this year which I'm really happy for. We mostly bought it because of the baby and how frequent power outtages are here in the Bahamas, but it gives me peace of mind with the tank as well as it automatically turns on 5 seconds after the power goes out and I don't have to worry about losing livestock if I'm not home... :)

well the power strip got flipped off some how.. the generator is good but wouldn't have saved me on this one.
I bought a generator earlier this year which I'm really happy for. We mostly bought it because of the baby and how frequent power outtages are here in the Bahamas, but it gives me peace of mind with the tank as well as it automatically turns on 5 seconds after the power goes out and I don't have to worry about losing livestock if I'm not home... :)

sorry to hear abaut your female seahorse:cry: hope she gets better, how are your clownfish doing:confused: , and your water:confused:

The female is still breathing for now and the clowns are fine. hopefully I caught everything in time.... really sucks about the male seahorse tho.

Back