Aku's 48x48x20 irregular hexahadron

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

akunochi

Mr. Reckless
Ok here is a sneak peek into the build thread. I'm going to throw a couple pictures up and then go back to cleaning out coral skeletons from a failed transfer and cleaning up electrical/ wrapping up loose ends. Oh also I know the light rack is crooked. It is temporary as I need to order some more AI Sols in the near future....so I'll fix it sometime.

FYI there are no doors or back fascia to hide the plumbing yet....money..time you can pick one.

IMG_4936.jpg

IMG_4937.jpg

IMG_4939.jpg

IMG_4940.jpg

IMG_4941.jpg

IMG_4942.jpg

IMG_4943.jpg

Looks great Seth!
I assume you are going to add more lights. The room you have left in your stand could be used for more water vol. Why such a small sump? lol

How did the cabinet move to the upstairs go? Or is it on the back deck?
Sure hope you didnt loose my leather you offered up. LOL

Dave,

No the leather is here....I'll have it at the frag swap or you can get it before then if you want.

The cabinet move went very smooth using your directions.

Yes the lights are being added to, but the pics have them at about 50% power as they were in the dimming phase. I Need 2 more modules though.

Where'd all ur fish go? LOL
Looks good so far....u went from the peninsula to a lagoon!
U need some LS for ur wrasse dont u?
Looks like its still a work in progress...looks good though!

I'm supposed to have sand, but my wrasse seems just content as can be without it. I may add some sand in a bowl later though....maybe...possibly....I doubt it...probably not.

Seth, I like how you can talk yourself out of something that important in a matter of a couple, few stabs at the key board. LOL

It's not thaaat important. many wrasses have been kept in bare bottom tanks with absolutely no sand.

Like the new tank! Sorry about the losses from the transfer....

By far the most painful title to a new thread in 2011.

Nick

Thanks guys...hopefully things will continue to open up so I can at least grab a foot hold. I really can't fathom what caused such a complete and rapid die off of corals...residue in some pipe or the tank? I'm not sure.

u did let the pipes cure for 24hrs though right? I imagine u went for the same temp and salinity as ur old tank...?

No I feel you. Like I said I matched temp using the Apex controller. The Salinity was matched roughly, but that shouldn't have been enough to cause RTN. Honestly I'm not sure. I am just going to hope things have settled. Save for some more lighting and then move forward restocking....It is quite a pain to place corals in this tank....it is really a lot deeper front to back than it looks.

LOL i bet...kinda hard to reach the middle or the back middle huh...have u been to aquarium paradise? They have a tank like urs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back