Amphiprionidae (Clownfish) Workshop

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you have to keep "clowns only" in the tank to raise them successfully???

Hi Ron. By all means, not at all.

Other species are found where clownfishes are found. They are part of a community of reef animal species.

They will reproduce even when other species are within their proximities.

Best,
Ilham

P.S. I should be updating this shortly...

I have 2 percs right now that don't host. I would like to get either 2 pink skunk clowns or a saddleback because I was told that they would host in just about anything. But I'm not so sure if they would fight with my existing clowns. Any input on which clown to get pinks or saddlebacks thanks for the help and by the way my clowns aren't aggressive at all.

Hi, I have 2 percs and I bought them together, they were both really big. But one of them is just a little bigger. They were alone in that one tank at my LFS. Could this be a mating pair? Lastly, the smaller one once in a while will have like a little seisure. Could you explain what hes doing? Thanks

Lastly, the smaller one once in a while will have like a little seisure.

:lol: Sorry I have no idea, but that description is hilarious. :lol:

bump!

Hi, If anyone didnt see it I posted it again. I have 2 percs and I bought them together, they were both really big. But one of them is just a little bigger. They were alone in that one tank at my LFS. Could this be a mating pair? Lastly, the smaller one once in a while will have like a little seisure. Could you explain what hes doing?

My male does the "shimmy" thing whenever the female comes to look at his favorite rock. He is just showing off so far. They are not yet a mating pair but they do have a favorite rock that they clean obsessively and dance around so they will get to it in their time.

Does he look like he is having a seizure or just showing off and strutting his stuff.

Candy

Whenever shes near him he like turns a bit to his side and like shakes then follows her then leaves. Plus he has been guarding one side of the aquarium, like behind one of the rocks, its where they normally sleep.

Last edited:
Guys!! If ur gonna set up a smaller reef tank, avoid the beauty known as the bicolour dotty back/ false gramma. Its very similar to the royal gramma but maybe more agressive. Mine is sooo aggresive towards new additions to the tank perhaps coz it was the 1st fish I put in there. It killed my sixline wrasse and one cleaner shrimp.Yes it killed the shrimp and didn't eat it! It gave my yellow tailed damsel a hard time wen it was bought,tho things calmed down after that. I jus got a new tomato clown yesterday and its being bothered at times. Man,I hope it works out or I'l have to send d tomato clown back.
At present

I got a yellow tang, percular clown, false gramma, yellow tailed blue damsel and for now a tomato clown.
Tomato boy.....u can do it!!!

Well, yeh the bicolour gramma is definately aggresive and territorial.Never bothers the yellow tang or other smaller clown fish (strangely). Perhaps over the next few days it will realise that the tomato clown is here to stay! I cannot catch it without stripping the tank completely,thats too much,I hate rearranging my rocks and corals! I also keep African cichlids,like the aggressive Melanochromis Auratus which doesn't seem as mean!!

There are some really colorful Malawi cichlids available,some are not common tho! The yellow Labidochromis and orange Lelupi Longior are very bright and some would agree even rival marine fish in terms of colouration. There are also many blue Malawi's too....

Im going to make a colorful posterboard that says, "UPDATE UPDATE" and shout "UPDATE UPDATE" while i carry the board around. Then when it does get updated, im going to make another colorful, i might just use the backside of the same posterboard, and write "PICTURES PICTURES" on it.... you get the point.

Im going to make a colorful posterboard that says, "UPDATE UPDATE" and shout "UPDATE UPDATE" while i carry the board around. Then when it does get updated, im going to make another colorful, i might just use the backside of the same posterboard, and write "PICTURES PICTURES" on it.... you get the point.

don't forget to wear a clown costume dood:D :lol: .

hey jiddy where to we meet for this rally ill bring my own sign too and a guy with a guitar to sing songs and bring more people to barrack with us for more updates

Darn this one hasn't been updated. Spaced out totally :( I should update this on one of my late nights.

Best,
Ilham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back