Another ID request

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

76Frags

Here's a colony I thought were pink wagon wheels, but the more I look at them on coralpedia the less I agree with that. Not really sure what to think on these. The second picture is a small colony that I picked up dirt cheap, and I'm just curious as to the name also.

46923_1431174131799_1006239546_30985196_3707333_n.jpg

41047_1431174251802_1006239546_30985197_3136833_n.jpg

Might not be named zoas. They don't look like anything I know of. There are soooooo many different types and morphs, that people can call them almost anything. Take one variety and put it in a different tank, and it can totally change color and even size. Only the super high end zoas look almost exactly the same every time, and that's probably because people wouldn't buy or sell them if they looked different, they would probably name it something different!:lol:

Might not be named zoas. They don't look like anything I know of. There are soooooo many different types and morphs, that people can call them almost anything. Take one variety and put it in a different tank, and it can totally change color and even size. Only the super high end zoas look almost exactly the same every time, and that's probably because people wouldn't buy or sell them if they looked different, they would probably name it something different!:lol:

He's absolutely right. A colony can change to something completely the opposite of what you purchased, under your tank conditions. Sometimes this works out to your advantage and the morph will be more enjoyable. Play with it's placement and lighting in the tank to see what they may or may not turn into.

Back