another upgrade from a 55 to 100

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

krish75 said:
LOL...I have a friend that is color blind and I always ask him if it looks like it's gonna rain:lol:

lol,ahhhhhh ok,i think it going to rain,but i see this black round stuff in the gray sky and i see people wearing their sun glasses:lol:

lol,ahhhhhh ok,i think it going to rain,but i see this black round stuff in the gray sky and i see people wearing their sun glasses

LOL...Man can't wait for you to get that new tank stocked...So hurry up! :)

Looks great, that's the stand I SHOULD have gotten, didn't realize how short mine is. Am trying to sell it on Craig's list for 30 bucks. Really wish I could keep it as it would be an awesome cabinet for my record collection, just perfect. Yes, I still have those black plastic thingy's people used to use for music. :) A ton of them, too! Spent so much time on that finish, oh well. Far as I recall the stain is Minwax oil based Red Mahogany... 99% sure. Finish on that was Helmsman spar urethane matt finish. I think the guy who did the hood did a cruddy job so maybe it would be easier to take that outside and sand the color off, have a friend make a couple plain doors with no fancy stuff, and just throw the urethane on it as it looks like the stand is unstained pine. I sanded the stand til it was so smooth you couldn't feel the grain and applied a chemical to make the stain take evenly, really doubt the guy who did the hood took that step. Nonetheless it is a functional hood and with the tank going you don't notice the furniture unless you are a perfectionist.

You know what's funny? I am a sloppy perfectionist. I WISH I had a clean house and nice furniture. It will never be but I can dream right? :)

So this is going to be a great deal for both of us. You recoup your loss on that 55 and both of us get what we want. Drilled and outfitted with the proper stand I think you now have a tank that would sell for at least a grand in a fish store. Putting it on a taller stand makes it look like a bigger tank. Learned that from my friend Jay, he has the same one but 6 feet long instead of 5... his looks much taller than mine did on the shorty stand.

Send more pictures... :)
Kate

well guys & gals got it all plump up,all tested for leaks plug in,all stock & rock in lights in,coral in:eek: oh wait a minute corals not in:lol: fish on the carpet:eek: no really fish in the tank water on the floor:lol:

stay up till 3:00am in the moring to get everything in,but it look like the coral and fish are happy.i'm happy because i got some new coral in my floor opps no,no,in my tank:lol:

all joking aside here some picture of the finish product.

here's the new coral i got the first i got was @ indoor reef and the 2nd was @ aquarium paradise:D

Yeah ,Tony Put some of your best coral pics on O.K lets see some coral shots. Thread in general discussion forum....:lol:

sorry gaby and dabears26,but the lights are off so corals will not be @ there best.they told me they were tried already,man i need to really need to check myself into a hospital,now i thinkmy corals are talking to me:lol:

Don't worry.You Know you have really lost it when you start talking back..LOL...I mean full blown conversations...At least thats just me:)

sorry gaby and dabears26,but the lights are off so corals will not be @ there best.they told me they were tried already,man i need to really need to check myself into a hospital,now i thinkmy corals are talking to me

that's ok dood, they talk to me too and sometimes i talk to them back i wish i could kiss them, but i think i'll pass that.
hey what's the really orange coral? the one after the carpet, it looks like a sun coral :) .

yes gaby it a sun coral and right now i'm trying to get it to all open up,i got the coral @ sharkreef:)

yes gaby it a sun coral and right now i'm trying to get it to all open up,i got the coral @ sharkreef

ohh dood it looks not only beautiful but healthy from where i can see it.
i have one too and i'm in the same situation, the baby ones open but the big ones i'm having a hard time because they're turning whitish and don't wanna open good.
have you tried using canned tuna (the water kind), my baby ones seem to open right away with that stuff.

spongebob lover said:
ohh dood it looks not only beautiful but healthy from where i can see it.
i have one too and i'm in the same situation, the baby ones open but the big ones i'm having a hard time because they're turning whitish and don't wanna open good.
have you tried using canned tuna (the water kind), my baby ones seem to open right away with that stuff.

this is the most i got my sun coral to open up.:(

Back