Anybody Have an Aquadyne Octopus 3000?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

hooked82

Well I had one that came with the tank I just purchased. It has the pH, ORP, Conductivity, and Temperature probes. The thing was working great before I tore it down at the guys house. The problem that I am having is that it says the temperature is 42 Degrees Farenheit. The tank is actually 80 degrees, I have cleaned the probes, and what gets me is it was working perfectly at his house. Is there something that I am missing, or can a Temp. sensor go bad overnight? Any help from somebody with one of these would be great, thanks in advance.

Well I had one that came with the tank I just purchased. It has the pH, ORP, Conductivity, and Temperature probes. The thing was working great before I tore it down at the guys house. The problem that I am having is that it says the temperature is 42 Degrees Farenheit. The tank is actually 80 degrees, I have cleaned the probes, and what gets me is it was working perfectly at his house. Is there something that I am missing, or can a Temp. sensor go bad overnight? Any help from somebody with one of these would be great, thanks in advance.

Make sure the unit and the probe /wires are not close to any lighting or pumps.

Don

They aren't. They might have been to begin with, but I tried moving the probes to the main tank, move them around in the sump. When in the main tank, the probes do the same thing. They have all been cleaned so I wouldnt think that would be the problem. Any other ideas??

They aren't. They might have been to begin with, but I tried moving the probes to the main tank, move them around in the sump. When in the main tank, the probes do the same thing. They have all been cleaned so I wouldnt think that would be the problem. Any other ideas??

Is the temp the only one that is reading odd?

Don

Yeah, just the temp probe. It was working perfectly fine before I transferred everything and I was extra careful not to bang them all around. Just incase they are sensitive to that sort of thing.

Yeah, just the temp probe. It was working perfectly fine before I transferred everything and I was extra careful not to bang them all around. Just incase they are sensitive to that sort of thing.

Un hook the probe and check the reading. Do you own a ohm meter?

Don

Well after I couldnt get the temp sensor to work either I turned it off. Plugged it back in to check it without the temp sensor(forgot to unplug it) and its working fine now. Now to explore the capabilities of it. Thanks Don.

Yeah i have one now,At first i had a problem with the temp probe also but i replaced it. And also i had a download flash so something went wrong with the chip and i had to get another one but after that no problems its a grate unit to have.

Yeah it seems to be a good one. The temp now says 60 degrees. It worked for a while. I'll have to see once I get it setup permanently when the 125g is up and running. Just have it temporarily on my 75 that the fish are in. Might have to get a new temp probe. Which one did you get? The lab or the standard probe and how do you like it?

Back