Best Controllers? Aquadyne?Neptune?DigitalAquatics?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I've been in the market for a controller for a while now. After reading your post, I think I'm going for the reefkeeper elite. I too like to support local. 400.00 bucks from marine depot, Is there a cheaper place? How far down the road are they and do they sell to joe shmoe.
Thanks Jacque

They are located in Woodenville, WA and will sell directly to Joe Schmoe via their website. Pricing is pretty standard at $400 MSRP but occasionally be found on sale for 10 - 15% off.

I've been in the market for a controller for a while now. After reading your post, I think I'm going for the reefkeeper elite. I too like to support local. 400.00 bucks from marine depot, Is there a cheaper place? How far down the road are they and do they sell to joe shmoe.
Thanks Jacque

It'll be drop-shipped right to you. Should take about a day or two. Accessories are there as well.

http://www.barrierreefaquariums.com/productCart/pc/Reef-Keeper-Elite-382p9922.htm

I am leaning twards the Aquadyne's Octopus 4000 . I like the scientific grade probes... Still think that there is still lots of advancements that can be done to make all the monitors work better. (Just my 2 cents)

I can't speak to the other controllers, but I just installed an Apex in my system.
Simple.
I was amazed at how quickly it went together, I love the web server and of course the Neptune iPhone app is a must.
As a newbie, it is very helpful to be able to look at the ph/temp graphs and see what is happening throughout the day.
I would love to have a salinity probe though...

I have had the lite, and now the elite reefkeeper from DA. I must say it is a nice system. The customer support is pretty good if you can make contact with them. If you email them, don't expect to hear from the for a week unless you status your query.

Now for the negative. There seems to be a disconnect in certain communications between the people and the company. I have seen them shut down threads for fear people will talk negative about them. I have seen very little mention of issues with certain products, so you waist time purchasing and trying to get things working only to find out they are still working on it. The Salinity probe is a good example.

The RKM-NET module is read only. So you can watch your tank, tank. You have to sit back from a remote location and watch it all die. They are working on it I guess. I sure hope I will be able to use the controls on a computer that is locked down with no admin rights for the applet install.

All in all, I am very happy. I think it is a nice looking and well performing system. They are listening to feed back and I think they have a lot of things they would like to impliment. I am excited to see what types of changes will come.

sig.php

Back