Anyone have DIY 20 Gallon Long Plans?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

SmileyFace1995

I want to setup a 20 gallon and make my own stand in my A.C.E Class (Wood Shop), but my teacher likes us to have plans and dimensions , parts list before we start a project, and i really think it'd be cool project to do, and i can add my own flare to it thanks :D

I have many. Give me an idea of what your looking for and what medium your wanting to work with.

Don

Be sure to post pictures of your shop build. This will be a fun thread to follow :)

Currently we're doing Required projects... :mad:
But im ahead of most people, and if i might say have very nice looking projects!
The first project we did was all handtools.. bleh! Next one is a Napkin Holder ;) Now im making a heart shape box aha, the other 2 kids who tried to make this work each broke theirs twice! aha

I have many. Give me an idea of what your looking for and what medium your wanting to work with.

Don

Hopefully i get this right, but im wanting a 20L , with 20L Sump (if possible, with looking good not bulky) It'll be Corner Overflow, and then just returned without being drilled, thanks :D

And idk what material i can use yet, well atleast for finish! gotta check the wood we got in the shop (dont really know yet)

Currently we're doing Required projects... :mad:
But im ahead of most people, and if i might say have very nice looking projects!
The first project we did was all handtools.. bleh! Next one is a Napkin Holder ;) Now im making a heart shape box aha, the other 2 kids who tried to make this work each broke theirs twice! aha

If you want to be good with your hands then hand tools are key. When I was apprenticing I don't think I touched a power tool for the first year. I was 14 years old and this old man carpenter (God rest his soul) had me learning how to sharpen chisels, and pretty much doing everything and anything with just a hammer.
Today I can honestly say there is NOTHING I cannot do with a hammer. :)
Oh, and my shop teacher gave me an F on the sanding once. Funny, I have a wood flooring company now and sanding is something I do every day :D

If you want to be good with your hands then hand tools are key. When I was apprenticing I don't think I touched a power tool for the first year. I was 14 years old and this old man carpenter (God rest his soul) had me learning how to sharpen chisels, and pretty much doing everything and anything with just a hammer.
Today I can honestly say there is NOTHING I cannot do with a hammer. :)
Oh, and my shop teacher gave me an F on the sanding once. Funny, I have a wood flooring company now and sanding is something I do every day :D

Lol, yeah but ive been in shop class for four years, and it gets tiring when they make you restart!

Back