Anyone help me identify this critter?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Tieg

He doesn't do anything bad...just sort of hangs out there. We got him as a hitchiker when we were first setting up the tank.

20992Not_sure-med.JPG

Except its attached to the rock....I mean fast as in it sucks in sometimes into the rock but then gradually comes out. It hasn't moved from the same spot on the rock in 3 months since we first noticed it.

No way a spider since it shows 12 legs, Arachnids have 8. It is a cnidarian of some sort as in coral polyp type creature, or a worm. I have no idea other than that.

No way a spider since it shows 12 legs, Arachnids have 8. It is a cnidarian of some sort as in coral polyp type creature, or a worm. I have no idea other than that.

Ditto.. or some kind of anemone. What happens when you poke it?

What happens when you poke it?

ROFLMAO, this question made me picture a couple young boys squatting down looking at a bug. First boy "What happens when you poke it?" Second boy "I'm not going to poke it, you poke it".

Sorry my sense of humor is likely frozen, I've been up here in Canada for 3 days now, boy it is cold, eh.

ROFLMAO, this question made me picture a couple young boys squatting down looking at a bug. First boy "What happens when you poke it?" Second boy "I'm not going to poke it, you poke it".

LOL... reminds me of that Far Side cartoon with the two alien kids holding a jar with two astronauts in it saying "shake it and see if they'll fight."

Back