~~April 21, 2007 PSAS Meeting ~~

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jesshimom

I have no fish.
Announcing our next meeting sponsored by "Essential Live Feeds".

This will be a fabulous month as our own Dr. Adelaide Rhodes will visit the group and teach us about copepods and exactly what they are and what they will do for our home aquariums. More info to follow. Meeting at BCC; 6pm.

Last edited:
Bump for a awesome person in Seattle Area. WE are fortunate to have such a educated person in Washington State.

Dr. Rhodes has such a great deal of knowledge to share, as anyone would know from speaking with her. Everyone should learn a lot at this meeting! We are very fortunate to have her!

Boy I am looking forward to this meeting. With the addition of a Melanarus and the wish for a Mandarin, I really want to know how to cultivate pods for them.

HI - I haven't received an evite for this event yet. Which store is sponsoring it? Where is the group meeting before the lecture? It has been the custom in the past to provide time for members to interact with the speaker before the lecture, as well as have some kind of visit to a store. I would like to request a visit to a store in Bellevue - how about Saltwater City? How come nobody has contacted me about this Saturday?

Sincerely,

[email protected]

Dr Rhodes

Your email IS on the evite list. Check your spam filter. I just sent another, if not received you'll need a different email addess.

We use sponsors when we need financial assistance. We don't right now and we are saving our sponsors for assistance with the picnic.

If membership wishes to get together beforehand, that would be great.

Members, please reply to the evite so we can get somewhat of an accurate count. Not many have replied just yet. Reminder set to go out tomorrow.

We don't pro-rate memberships at this time.

Has anyone received an evite?

Please check the spelling on my name:

[email protected]

That is my email address.

Since my time has a value, I would appreciate it if you list

ESSENTIAL LIVE FEEDS

as the official sponsor of this lecture. I get paid when I go to other clubs to speak, because they understand that I am a busy professional and I am taking time to make their club a truly educational experience.

I don't understand why PSAS is acting this way to a club member and continual sponsor?

I have yet to receive an email from a club officer giving me the details of Saturday.

How do you other club members out there feel about getting together? What time and where do you want to meet before the lecture?

Sincerely,

Adelaide Rhodes, Ph.D.

I'm not sure what way we are acting. Yes, it is spelled correctly, and I believe you've responded to evites before. Not sure what the problem is. And yes, people have received evites. Since you were on the evite list, I could only assume you had received your evite. i did yesterday send you a PM from here just briefly asking about your computer needs and I've heard no reply. I didn't see the need to go into detail since I assumed you received the evite, and we'd shared PM's regarding where I'd get info for the evite, etc.

Any further issues can be done via PM.

This is a volunteer ran club, with very few volunteers. The few of us trying to put on these events also have families and jobs. We try very hard to do what everyone wants.

Next month is elections, and hopefully some members with more time will step up and take a position. Things would run more smoothly if we had enough help.

Last edited:
Thank you for sending it. It worked this time.

I'd like to hear if anyone wants to get together at the Round Table beforehand.
We should all be able to fit! ;)

Adelaide

I am finally going to make it to another meeting nearly a year later! I would love to get together ahead of time to get to now some of you a little better too! My Husband and I are driving over to Seattle tonight so I am not sure I will be able to check back to this site again. Could someone call me if there will be a pre gathering? 509 595 4425

Cheers,
Tracy Clement

Tracy - I would love to see you and your husband at either Round Table, or Ed suggested Izzie's in Issaquah. Does anyone have directions/addresses to either of these?

Anyone else have a preference?

Adelaide

Back