~~Aprlil 19th, Bob Moore "Pay it forward" Frag Swap~~

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Great story paul. Thats not the first story that has had Bob's name on it. What a wonderful filling for a newbie to get some free corals/ mini colonies.

Get your Sorry Butt up here!

Dang:

I apologized to you Three Weeks Ago. Get your sorry butt up here and have some fun tonight! Very few RB jokes, I promise.

Paul:)

Hey Paul,

It is funny that you bring up a first meeting. I remember a couple houses ago when you had a meeting/swap up north. It was a first swap for me and you had that cube set up in the garage. I left from your place with a handful of frags (all the bucks I had) and a hell of a smile driving home. Man - you inspired. I wondered what magic this guy can have to beat out mother nature. What colors on those corals and I felt I got a great deal.

Again, a few years later I brought my son to your "next" place an you gave him that little frag. He watched that thing every day to see it grow. I had to ensure him it was growing because a five year old can't quite see such a small change but the encouragement and patience he has learned is awesome. Thanks again! Appreciation is a life change.

Because of you I have been inspired and cheerfully spent thousands of bucks on this hobby. Hmmm. I guess indirectly THANKS to Bob too as he has helped many that he didn't even know.

I am glad my bucks go to a great group of folks and sponsors. Now, if I can get some frags to grow!

Thanks, see you tonight and I hope someone will want to trade for a new SPS I have.

Brownie frags!!!!!

They may be small but I have got to start somewhere AGAIN!

Hey Guys!!!

Well, I’m not ready for frags at this point; but I really could use some Caulerpa. Especially Caulerpa loaded with lots an’ lots of ‘pods! Specifically, I want both the ‘grape’ and ‘feather’ Caulerpa for my refugium.

I would also love some ‘live’ sand to inoculate my sand bed in the very same refugium. Again, sand with lots an’ lots of critters, please!

Anyone gonna be able to help out a very, very good cause???:D

Great stories. Tonite will be great, we can all share our memories and create new ones. Im thankful to be part of this club. Im going through some tough times with splitting up with my g/f, but the club seems to keep my sanity in check. I plan on have a great time tonite. If anyone is on the fence about coming to the event, well here is the push. You will miss one great time.

Would anyone like to trade something for my pretty darn big rock of brown and green palys?
Would be interested in LR or nice frags.
The rock is about the size of a football and is really nice. I only dont want the palys in my tank anymore. takin up too much space

Just picked up a big ole bucket of IO salt that Chuck (MtnDewMan) is donating to the Club for the raffle!

Thanks Chuck!

this should be fun!

SO it's my assumption that I can bring corals for the raffle...is that correct? That frag tank looks full already!!

My home is located at:

1234 68th Loop SE
Auburn, WA 98092

See you tonight!

Please clarify, is this the location of the meeting?

I recently moved to Renton from Maryville, TN and looking to link up with others in the hobby. I got a PSAS card a couple months while visiting and while out looking for LFS.

I hopped on reeffrontiers.com today and saw where you are having a meeting this evening.

I just moved my 75 gal. tank and it took a hard beating. I may have lost all my brain corals and hammer corals on the drive out here.

The star polyps may have made it, but they have not opened and it has been a 2 or 3 days now. Oddly, all the fish are fine.

Protein skimmer is having a field day with all the die off.

I have a 90gal tank I'm adding to the system Monday and will be making one of the tanks a giant refugium. Pumps, heaters, and skimmer are in 20 gal. sump.

Anyway, I wish I could bring frags as I had a ton of hammer coral, star polyps, and mushrooms, but I'll just be coming to listen and learn. I don't think I'm ready to resead the tank until it stabilizes.

Thanks for directions to the meeting,
- Stosh Morency

P.S. Any food items I can bring?

I broke a piece off my green stylophora while cleaning a while back, and it has just been sitting on the bottom of the tank. I won't be going to the frag swap, but if there is someone from around the U-district who is going, I would be glad to send the piece along.
Colour sitting on the bottom of the tank is not as bright as the parent colony, but it should brighten up if placed under better lighting.
Mike (MC Lighting) was able to meet me to bring this down to the meeting. Raffle it, break it up into smaller frags, or whatever you wish. Sorry I can't be there.

what a great time everyone, The raffle was great! glad to see you all there...

Thanks so much Paul for having us all to your home for the meeting!!!!

matt

This was hands down the funnest and most friendly PSAS meet ever. Thanks to Paul, Eric, Tracy, Mike, Randy, Duane, Ed, and everyone else who helped put it together.

Thanks also to all those sweet folks who added some cool corals to my tank and was great seeing you all!

Eric for President!!!! Vote early, vote often...

What a great time. Thanks especially to Paul for the open house. Glad to meet so many new folks AGAIN and thanks for the corals from the club! Awesome!

Salmonslayer - oooooppppps I may have left some stuff in your trunk!!!!! I will give you a buzz in the morning. Soooooory. It is a bit late tonight.

Back