Aquarium Decoration

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Husker12181

I was watching the show Tanked the other day and got this crazy idea to put a crashed WW2 B17 or P51 in the tank and let my corals grow on it. I did some searching and all the decorations look so cheesy and are too small for my tank.

On the show they talk about using a sealant apoxy type stuff that can be put on anything to prevent the saltwater from breaking the item down. Has anyone had any experience with that stuff? Know what this stuff is? Where to get it?

Thanks

Steve

I hope you find out and go threw with it cause this is a killer idea.. maybe a dim lite led inside the crashed plane...

check this out it is 12" long
$(KGrHqV,!ikFD-woSKkvBRBe8uZKt!~~60_12.JPG

You can use a two part epoxy called West System. You can get it at wholesale pricing in north seattle, if you pm me.

An epoxy sealer is only as good as the application. A tiny bubble (possibly from stirring together the two parts) could seriously compromise the coating at that location.
I would only try this if I was sure that any corrosion/etc. would not release anything harmful into the tank.

If the item is made for aquarium use, why would you want to seal it with the epoxy?

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

I actually was thinking about going down to Hobby town and either getting a pre made model or a kit I could make myself that I would then paint and make it look like it crashed. So the model itself would not be aquarium safe.

This idea may not work at all I was just thinking about how to combine my love for WW2 airplanes with my Love for my aquarium.

Perhaps if you skipped the paint and decals it would be OK? Afterall, corraline should cover a lot of it anyway ...

I actually was thinking about going down to Hobby town and either getting a pre made model or a kit I could make myself that I would then paint and make it look like it crashed. So the model itself would not be aquarium safe.

This idea may not work at all I was just thinking about how to combine my love for WW2 airplanes with my Love for my aquarium.

hmm, maybe you have your idea backwards. instead if a plane in the aquarium how about putting the aquarium inside the plane?? :wink:

Aquarium decoration can be increased by using different kind of paint and adding some precious stones in it. The shining glass can reflect the beauty of tank in clear way.

Id look into a already made one in the 24" wingspan area. Maybe get one made by a store ot fish store such as tanked? Not sure the budget or the cost of the epoxy seal stuff. Good luck and cant wait for pics ;)

Back