Aquarium Paradise

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I stop in every now and then. I prefer BRA but I've never had a problem with any AP fish. There corals are hit and miss though.

Yeah I live 15 minutes away from them but I'd rather drive 45 min. to BRA. Heck there are plenty of stores closer to me than BRA and I skip right over them.

I go here quite often actually. Did you have a specific question about the store itself?
No i go there every friday, just wondering if anyone else knew about it.

I stop in every now and then. I prefer BRA but I've never had a problem with any AP fish. There corals are hit and miss though.
hit and miss?
whats BRA?

Yeah I live 15 minutes away from them but I'd rather drive 45 min. to BRA. Heck there are plenty of stores closer to me than BRA and I skip right over them.
whats BRA?

Thanks Trido for fielding that one.

I was saying that sometimes their corals look good and others not so healthy

The only thing that I dont like about there the couple of times I have been, was they didnt have prices on there fish or corals. I would like to know how much things are with out having to ask someone.

The only thing that I dont like about there the couple of times I have been, was they didnt have prices on there fish or corals. I would like to know how much things are with out having to ask someone.

Sometimes I think they do that on purpose. I use to go there quite a bit way back when they were in a small store in the once Lakewood Mall shopping strip. They never had prices marked back then either and there were a few times I overheard them giving different prices to different customers. They are hit and miss like seth said. They are more of a fish store. Thier corals are blahhhh and seems not to know much about corals IMO.

Thier corals are blahhhh and seems not to know much about corals IMO.

Granted this is your opinion..however when I go there they actually have some decent deals on LPS and even a few SPS(very few). Usually and SPS that they have consists of Pocillopora and the occasional monti. They have a display there where you can pick 1 for $25 or 2 for $40 and if you pick the right ones at the right time you can score a great deal. They have been in business for a lllllooooooooonnngg time and do know quite a bit about corals and such, just have to find the right guy to talk to as they have some family friends working there to help out.

Has any one seen there big green chalice in the look down tank?

Well i saw part of it fraged off in a different tank and asked how much a piece was. He said it wasnt for sale. So he went and broke me off a piece from the main colony in the look down tank. The hole time i was saying chalice this chalice that and when we got done the guy says, "What's a chalice?":lol::lol:

So that place is preety good for buying corals as everything i was naming off to the guy he would ask what it was and have me point it out for him.:D

Granted this is your opinion..however when I go there they actually have some decent deals on LPS and even a few SPS(very few). Usually and SPS that they have consists of Pocillopora and the occasional monti. They have a display there where you can pick 1 for $25 or 2 for $40 and if you pick the right ones at the right time you can score a great deal. They have been in business for a lllllooooooooonnngg time and do know quite a bit about corals and such, just have to find the right guy to talk to as they have some family friends working there to help out.

UMMMMMMM I've known that family for a loooooong time. I know each one of them by thier first name. They are good folks. I shopped there way back in thier best days because they were the only decent LFS in the area that had saltwater goodies at the time. I don't shop there anymore as they never have anything that a customer like myself would be looking for. They have fallen behind in providing quality corals or fish and newer and improved equipment for the hobby. I was just there a month ago asking if they can get such and such equipment and certain brands of equipment and they had no clue about some of the stuff I was talking about. I mentioned a few well known brand name companies such as SWC and GEO and they said they never heard of them.

"What's a chalice?"

Not trying to defend anyone but, Chalice is a nickname we internet reefers came up with for echinophylia. IMO is helps when your trying to sell with fancy designer names.
Sarang abviously hit the the nail on the head,
They have fallen behind in providing quality corals or fish and newer and improved equipment for the hobby.

Not trying to defend anyone but, Chalice is a nickname we internet reefers came up with for echinophylia. IMO is helps when your trying to sell with fancy designer names.

While if its a nickname that we made up then shouldn't they now it:lol:

Sarcasm on RF??? NEVER!!!!

Trido's absolutely right. Chalice can refer to Echinophyllia, Echinopora, Mycedium, and a couple other species of corals. So, for an LFS to not know what you're mean, when you say "Chalice" isn't all that surprising. Do you even know what you mean?

Back