Aqueon 26 Bow Front

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

07FocusST

Since I started a thread about lighting for this tank I might as well post a few post setup pictures. Currently has 2 clowns, a cleaner shrimp and snails for a CUC. Don't mind my franknstein of a hood. I had a MH sitting around and wanted to use it along with the 18" T6 actinic bulb and 3x Blue LEDs for lunar lights. The MH is a 150w 10K. I plan on making a DIY LED lighting soon.

IMAG0301.jpg

IMAG0308.jpg

IMAG0302.jpg

IMAG0307.jpg

IMAG0303.jpg

IMAG0304.jpg

IMAG0306.jpg

IMAG0305.jpg

I've been planning on a diy led fixture and the only thing that scares me is the soldering, I've never used a soldering iron but I am very handy with soldering copper fittings (im a plumber). Is the soldering very difficult and also tinning everything, is that difficult? Thanks

Sorry it took so long to get back totem420... although I have never soldered copper the actual soldering and tinning of wires was fairly easy and straight forward

Wow... It's been some time since I have updated this thread. Well since then I haven't really done much with my tank. I did end up buying a house and moving which resulted in me losing my Green Birds nest. After we were all settled in I came home one day to a suicide clownfish who decided to jump on me. Just the other week I picked up a new larger clown for my one lonely little guy in there. The biggest news is that I just picked up a MP10 wavemaker and its been running for a couple days now. All I can say is WOW! Everyone needs one or more of these things! Everything in the tank has opened up and looks much healthier with a little swaying from the wave! I will need to take a few pictures I suppose! Till then... everyone be safe and happy reefing!

I see your tank is almost a year old now. How is everything doing? I recently set up a 36 gallon bow front so your thread caught my eye. I see you have a clam, is it doing well in the small tank? I hear they need a fair amount of calcium. I just got a crocea myself. My lighting is not as intense as yours, I have an AquaticLife HO fixture so I placed my clam high in the tank. Anyway, thanks for posting.

Everything looks so lush. Can one use "lush" in reference to corals? I like your selection of corals. You have nice colors plus the motion. Have you had the zoa 's long? Nice size colony but when I've had ZOA they mysteriously stopped opening and dwindled. I love them though when they look like yours.

Back