Aqueon 26 Bow Front

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

These zoas I couldn't kill if I wanted to. Hardiest of any zoa I've ever owned. I've no idea what the are :)
y5y7y2u7.jpg

Otherwise zoas are hit an miss in my tank. They seem to be doing well and then they're gone! I no longer buy them lol.
Some like you call it lush me I call it random madness-lol. My decorating skills leave a lot to be desired :)

Yeap, that's exactly what happened to my zoa's. I also quit buying them. The ones you can't kill are really nice. I may make an exception if I see those at this end of the continent. I hear they are extremely toxic and should be handled with gloves. I never did and neither did my son and he had a lot of zoa's. ...But then he needed to have his gallbladder removed in emergency surgery at the age of 25 and I always wondered if there was a corrolation?

I'll keep you in mind the next time they're ready to frag. Last time I fragged them they looked like this!!! Yup that's the back wall of my tank. Gave the whole bunch away :)
y3u6yjaz.jpg

As for the Gall bladder. I don't think the two are related. My own went bad at 40, it happens :)

You are probably right about the gallbladder, maybe its cause I let him drink too much pop when he was a kid! LOL ...or maybe it just happened, nothing to do with ZOA's or pop.

Oh my! I am so sorry everyone! I have been so deep into restoring my mustang that I haven't even noticed there were update requests here. I have a few pictures from today. Just as a teaser I have been looking at a 120 or 150 Reef Ready lately. Just going to finish the downstairs and will be dicussing with the wife about an in-wall installation!

As you can see from the few pictures here I m having a coraline problem...

2013-02-27_12-45-34_370_zpsacbfa9aa.jpg

2013-02-27_12-46-03_325_zps309af463.jpg

Umm coraline is not your problem! LOL!

Thanks for the update.
At the risk of changing the subject and getting away from reefing....what year mustang?

Dude clean your glass!!! Your terrible!! LOL!! I would love to tell you everything looks awesome and healthy buuuut, I can't freakin see nuttin!! ;)

I know it drives me crazy too but its on the bow part of the glass and my mag-scraper isn't working so well. I am trying my best to not disturb the system but also maintain it the best I can.

Ipisces: I will try to keep this short. The mustang started out as a 1988 Hatchback T-Top 5.0 automatic I bought when I got home from WA. Turned out the whole floor was gone long with a few other key places. I ended up buying another 1988 hatchback, this one a 4-cyl, but was just a shell. No interior or drivetrain. Ended up just swapping over all the needed V8 parts and replaced all the brakes, suspension and steering components. Did some highly needed maintenance too. Just recently got it inspected and it passed!!! I am one happy camper! Its been almost 1.5 years since it all started!

Just recently got it inspected and it passed!!! I am one happy camper! Its been almost 1.5 years since it all started!

Nice job. Congrats.

And on my 54 corner bowfront tank, I use a scraper with a razorblade and scrape left and right, not up and down. Takes just a couple minutes.

Wow, if you get a 120-150 gallon reef, just think of all the coraline! Better get that metal scrapper warmed up.LOL

Wow, if you get a 120-150 gallon reef, just think of all the coraline! Better get that metal scrapper warmed up.LOL

Wow, I didnt think there was anyone out there more ornery than me. LOL! Its all in fun though.

Last edited:
Yes, I was only teasing him about the coraline. I'd never want to discourage someone from getting their "dream" aquarium!

Quick Update: Bubble Coral and Sand Sifter Star lost. Picked up fighting conch and acro recently, added about another 1/2" of sand. Traded out Emperor 400 filter for TLF Phosban reactor filled with Phosban and ChemiPure.

IMG_20130409_115827_520_zps855b232e.jpg

Wow! I see everything looks awesome!! :) Great job!

Well what you couldn't see was all the GHA under the rocks (Hence the reason I took a far shot of the tank!). It's been almost a week since I added the TLF Phosban Reactor and ALL of my GHA is gone!! I am in complete shock! I really didn't think my phosphates were that bad! Anyway I do have some pictures I can upload next week sometime. Until then does anyone know how to help my acro extend its polyps and make it more appealing the eye? It came with a little tiny crab who hangs out in it all day. Doesn't seem to bother the acro from what I can tell.

Back