• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Arrivals 11/29-12/2

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

No sorry we're all out at the moment... Just have 1 Purple queen, 1 bartlett's, and 3 Square Spot.

LA Wolesale - Arrives Wednesday

1-flametail aurora goby
6-catalina goby
1-yasa hashe goby
2-red striper nano goby
1-trimma nano goby
1-candy stripe pistol shrimp
2-tiger pistol shrimp
3-sand starfish

Hello
I am in process of upgrading to my new 90 from my 55 and am going with sand this time as opposed to the old crushed coral I always used in the past. I am a bit worried about it turning into a cement block lol and so I want to get the proper sand sifting livestock for it. Have been doing some reading and the article I read says that certain gobies pair up best with certain species of pistol shrimp.. have you guys found this to be true? I think I am leaning towards a Yasha Hasa goby but the article says to pair it with a Randall's Pistol shrimp, not a tiger. Can you guys help me out? Is this accurate info, can you get or do you have Randalls Pistols? Do you still have the Yashi you got in this shipment? What else should I consider adding to get adequate sand filtration in a 90? Thanks for all your help. I am hoping to have the 90 up by Saturday and all my rock and livestock and moved over from my 55 so I can come up to Barrier on Sunday to pick up some goodies and new fish. Alternatively I am thinking of HiFin Red banded with a Tiger Pistol... any thoughts?
Thanks
Ichthys
EDIT: OK i just read that the Randalls Pistol is probably what you guys are calling the Candy Stripe Pistol, is that right?

Last edited:
Hi,

Yes the Randalls Pistol is the same thing we call the Candy Stripe:) They pair very well with Yasa Hashe Gobies. I agree that certain species pair more readily than others but not everyone shares that opinion. I think that either of your ideas would be great, however they will need help in maintaining your sand bed. They will keep the area around their cave moving but not the rest of the aquarium. I would consider some combination of the following. Vary it depending on your likes and dislikes. Conchs, Nassarius Snails, Cerith Snails, Sifter Gobies (Murals are my favorite), Dragon Goby, Sand Sifting Starfish, and Sand Sifting Cucumbers (be aware of them being toxic to your tank if they die). There are probably some organisms I am missing...this is just what comes to mind.

I've been away from the store for a few days so I cannot tell you what is still in stock, but I will call the crew and have them post for you.

Quick pic of the sympodium. Fairly new coral to the hobby. Encrusting, grows similar to Green Star Polyps but much prettier. Sympodium encrusting soft coral starting to appear in blue and green colors
5224690165_eeed1182e0_b.jpg

Hi Cy and company,

Would you all happen to have one of these in stock at the moment? I have plans on swinging by later this week to pick up a small nano CUC.

Cheers,
Alex

awesome order again !!!!thanks barrier reef for the outstanding performance, and quality livestock....best coral's/ and fish around

Yes we are out of Candy Stripes. This is the arrivals thread for two weeks ago. It was just bumped. Hopefully, this doesn't trip someone up in the sense that they come in expecting all these animals to still be around:)

Back