ATO Auto Topper Contoller

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ahhh those were the days, and I remember them all too well. That is the reason today about the myths of keeping a reef tank is so expensive. We used to have to replace all our corals when they died from all the proteins.

There were so many myths and I messed around with a so called 10 galon nano tank for a while and I never had any issues. The big tank on the other hand was problematic. I used 1 actinic 1 triton and 1 growlux bulb. Things grew and florished but only if I knew then what I know now!!! I even made my own protein skimmer using an air stone plastic rigid tubing and a tupperware cup. My mom was not happy at the time!! Oh well. The stuff that came out was just horrendous!!! Now with all the skimmers, Phosphate reactors, and live rock, I would have had a killer tank!!

Oh I forgot to mention wet dry filters. If you didnt have one, consider yourself dead in the water. Wet dry filters cost an arm and a leg back then!!! Back then, there was no such thing as a sump other than the wet portion of the wet dry filter. Refugiums? What the hell was that? Hmmm:D

Back