Auto top off??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

The hydor uses temp diff. For sensing water level.
I just might have to get one and be a tester and let everyone on here know the outcome.

I like the one I got from autotopoff.com, it hasn't failed me yet. I have had to build a different bracket for my sump since it is a taller 29 gallon but it has worked well for over a year now. I don't know why but, When I had my ato reservoir ( a ten gallon tank and I would fill it all the way to the top, it would push the water up to the second float in the sump. Now that I have been using a 5 gallon bucket, I can fill it all the way up and it keeps the water level at the first float. I switched to the bucket because my son was carrying a toilet he had replaced in the house and hit the side of the 10 gallon, CRASH. Fortunately, I had a black plastic garbage bag around it and that held the glass from busting all they way out, minimal leakage.

I know where that's at.
Near the home of rolling rock beer

Yep, every time the commercials came on, you'd hear someone say 'I pee'ed in the creek'.. (well, not quite, but the other isn't forum acceptable)

temp difference sounds kinda scary.. what happen if your tank hits room temperature?

If you do get one, you could do a write up of your experience with it in the equipment forum.
I'll prob order one after the holidays are over and let everyone know how the setup works out for me good or bad,because I always call them as I see them

Back