Baby Ocellaris clownfishes for Picnic (June 17th)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Elmo18

Clownfish
Hi all.

Would just like to get a tally so I know how many to bring. I tend to forget about things like this :oops: I know some of you already want some/a pair, so I will post here throughout the week. If you are wanting a pair, please PM me or post here.
$10/each.

Best,
Ilham

I want one, but not sure my maroon would let him in? Have you had luck with mixing different types? I have had the maroon for at least a year, and he is very territorial, so I am a little worried about him picking on it until he kills it.

Apple5150 said:
I want one, but not sure my maroon would let him in? Have you had luck with mixing different types? I have had the maroon for at least a year, and he is very territorial, so I am a little worried about him picking on it until he kills it.

HI Paris.

I would definitely not do that :) I have seen personally, a Gold STripe Maroon bite 1/2-3/4" baby ocellaris, and eating them :(

Best,
ilham

Ok...just to be sure...

4 - northstaraquatics
1 - bradreef
2 - cwby416

Let me know if I need to bring more.

Best,
Ilham

Last edited:
Hi guys. Thanks for coming out today to get your fishes.

Please take photos if you can of their growth progress, and I'd love to see the tanks they are in :)

This is the first batch from a 2nd pair so I'd like to see how they look (apart from their parents ;) )

Best,
Ilham

I will try and get a pic of mine this week. It for sure is going to stay in my nano. I was looking at him and then the size of my other fish's mouths and He will hide in the Nano for a while.

I'll get a close up picture so they look like their parents. I ended up putting them in a 45 Hex. I hope they don't get lost... Of course they are already trained to come to the glass for food, speaking of which, what were you feeding them and how much and how often?

Jon

I got a question about my clown and an anemone. I just purchased a anemone (all white with blue tips - seabae?) and am hoping my clown will go to it. So far it hasn't (1 day). I heard that if it doesn't take right away it might never. Any suggestions?

I've been feeding these babies about twice a day, once in the morning, once a couple hours before lights out.

They will really eat almost anything. As long as it fits ;) Cyclops, baby brine, crushed formula1...formula 2...spirulina..

Best,
Ilham

Ok Ilham here is the Home for my new babies :D Hope you approve. and dont mind the cut up toadstool.....I just fraged it a couple days ago, so thats what all that mesh and rocks are in the middle :p

when you see little tiny orange streeks...thats the clowns :D

Last edited:
here is my little baby and a size comparison.

baby2.jpg

baby.jpg

Well I'm happy to report the first signs of my babies hosting!!!!
They seem to be getting prety friendly with the frogspawn, if ya know what I mean ;) :lol:

well here is a shot of them, its hard to get a good one, because as soon as they seem me the dart out for food!

Back