Baby Shrimp

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

travis_

Sea Cucumber
I have a couple dozen baby shrimp in my fuge and sump. Anything I can do to help increase their odds of survival? I threw in some coral frenzie but doubt they eat that. I have a lot of pods naturally so I hope that will feed them. Hard to get a picture, here is a crappy one.

054.JPG

I have a couple dozen baby shrimp in my fuge and sump. Anything I can do to help increase their odds of survival? I threw in some coral frenzie but doubt they eat that. I have a lot of pods naturally so I hope that will feed them. Hard to get a picture, here is a crappy one.

054.JPG

I think they may be baby Anenome Shrimp...

It looks like I am the only one excited, but my shrimp are still growing and doing great. They are eating brine shrimp already. I have about 24 at least. Anyone want to buy one? It is still very hard to get a pic!

084.JPG

What kind of shrimp do you have in your tank?

Sorry, I have no idea on what they would eat, maybe feed them tigger pods, or formula one/two?

That is great that you were able to get them to breed, no matter what the species, it is difficult to get anything to bred, let alone keep them alive to adulthood!

Nice Job!

Last edited:
I have anenome shrimp and peppermint shrimp in pairs. I actually have not seen the anenome shrimp since I released them in my tank, but these babies look very similar so they must be doing well somewhere. I didn't do anything to "get" them to breed, and as for feeding the babies i must have enough natural pods in my systems of DSB and fuges to sustain them, plus I think they actually eat the coral frenzie I dust them with every day.

Sorry, I have no idea on what they would eat, maybe feed them tigger pods, or formula one/two?

That is great that you were able to get them to breed, no matter what the species, it is difficult to get anything to bred, let alone keep them alive to adulthood!

Nice Job!

Nice Job!

oh yeah, I meant to comment that these guys are nowhere near adulthood, they are still babies. I was just joking about selling them already :)

Hopefully they will make it to adulthood! The only thing that breeds in my tank is snails and algae, mostly algae!

oh yeah, I meant to comment that these guys are nowhere near adulthood, they are still babies. I was just joking about selling them already :)

I picked up some frags and it was brought up that these could be Mysis shrimp? And they look pretty similar :(

Shrimp-6537.jpg

Oh well, if anyone wants I will still sell them to them

Maybe they are a hybrid mysis/anemone shrimp :D Even if they are just mysid shrimp they are still pretty cool and I am sure your tank mates love em.

so my question now, where did the mysis shrimp eggs come from? I feed frozen mysis sometimes, is it possilbe that these had eggs?

I wouldn't think the eggs would survive the freezing process, but you never know. Maybe the shrimp or the eggs came in on some rock or coral?

well, my shrimp are continuing to thrive and multiply. They actually respond when I approach the tank and start swimming crazy and skimming the surface as I sprinkle a little coral frenzie in the water for them to eat. Pretty Neat. If anyone wants to improve their diversity and would like some and are in the Bellingham area let me know and I would be happy to provide some macro algae and siphon up some shrimp buddies. A tiny frag of some sort would be apprecaited in return but not necessary.

Back