Barrier Reef Aquariums picture thread

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Blazer88

I had the pleasure of spending a few (ok, four) hours at Barrier Reef on Sunday to snap some pics for their website and other uses. It was great to see such healthy and happy livestock. I shot over 350 pictures and I've only started to process them so I'll post more when I have time. There were some challenges to shooting at an LFS that I've never really encountered, mostly with reflections, but the staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. Enjoy the shots!

1)
IMG_5450-Edit.jpg

2)
IMG_5470-Edit.jpg

3)
IMG_5472-Edit.jpg

4)
IMG_5528-Edit.jpg

5)
IMG_5529-Edit.jpg

Amazing pictures! This is profresional photography stuffs. what camera and lens did you use?

Thanks for the comments guys.

Amazing pictures! This is profresional photography stuffs. what camera and lens did you use?

All of these were taken with my Canon 30D w/Sigma 150mm F/2.8 macro or Canon EF-s 17-55 F/2.8 IS.

I'm a little slow to process but here are some more shots.

29)
IMG_5629-Edit.jpg

30)
IMG_5634-Edit.jpg

31)
IMG_5652-Edit.jpg

32)
IMG_5664-Edit.jpg

33)
IMG_5667-Edit.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys.

All of these were taken with my Canon 30D w/Sigma 150mm F/2.8 macro or Canon EF-s 17-55 F/2.8 IS.

I'm a little slow to process but here are some more shots.
Again, this is just simply amazing! not seeing anywhere else this kind of online coral images.

Thanks for the kind comments so far. I was pretty busy this weekend but manged to process just a few more. Here are some happy fish :)

34)
IMG_5712-Edit.jpg

35)
IMG_5704-Edit.jpg

36)
IMG_5677-Edit.jpg

Care to post the before shot? I can't really imagine what was wrong with it.

Here is the quick before and after. The eye job isn't perfect but it only took a few minutes to do. I liked the overall composition of the shot and didn't want it to go to waste just because of a little eye issue :) The fish is in their display tank and I don't think it is for sale. I was swimming around and picking at rocks just like normal, it didn't seem to be bothered at all. Maybe Cy can chime in to let us know what the story behind this is.

CBB.jpg

Here is the quick before and after. The eye job isn't perfect but it only took a few minutes to do. I liked the overall composition of the shot and didn't want it to go to waste just because of a little eye issue :) The fish is in their display tank and I don't think it is for sale. I was swimming around and picking at rocks just like normal, it didn't seem to be bothered at all. Maybe Cy can chime in to let us know what the story behind this is.

CBB.jpg

Great shot. Really sad about the eye. This copperband has only been with us a few weeks and the eye problem developed early. There's really no catching a fish out of the display tank without extreme effort so we are letting things run their course. We hope that with good water quality and diet he will recover on his own.

Back