BCT182 is gonna be a father!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

BCT182

My wife and I are going to be having our first baby! Life is a changin.

I don't know anything about kids but I'm not too worried, so its all good!

Congrats! Brett I think you will love it ! They are a bunch of fun for the most part LOL

It's a great ride! But, it's been hard to balance parenting and a kid. I was just getting a new set-up going when my daughter was born. That lasted about 5-6 months. I stopped being able to do PSAS meetings and upkeep. I had crappy equipment so it took a LOT of maintenance. Now, I'm starting again and sure enough we're having another kid! :D

This time it's better equipment, low maintenance, and moving to more automation. That's all kind of standard now anyway. I can't remember if I read that you had a tank going now or not, but if so something low maintenance is key! The recent interest in softies is great for that.

Cheers, Josh

My wife and I are going to be having our first baby! Life is a changin.

I don't know anything about kids but I'm not too worried, so its all good!

Congrats, we might convert you to a nice guy after all, amazing how a child can change a person!! :lol:

I say that in a nice way.

Congrats Dude! Life will b achangin'!......................... FOR THE BETTER!

Congrads Brett, who's the father?

Thanks Mike! I intend to raise him as one of my own.

They let you reproduce??LOL
Congrats buddy..

I had to apply for a permit....:razz:

LOL@ Who's the father!!..Congrats man...You will do fine!!

Thanks Shane!

Congrats! Brett I think you will love it ! They are a bunch of fun for the most part LOL

Yeah Im excited. I secretly am hoping for a boy so I have someone to play video games with. lol

Congrats bro!!! Mines is due to come any day now!

Wow man it sneaks up fast. I need 9 LONG months of saving $ LOL.

It's a great ride! But, it's been hard to balance parenting and a kid. I was just getting a new set-up going when my daughter was born. That lasted about 5-6 months. I stopped being able to do PSAS meetings and upkeep. I had crappy equipment so it took a LOT of maintenance. Now, I'm starting again and sure enough we're having another kid!

This time it's better equipment, low maintenance, and moving to more automation. That's all kind of standard now anyway. I can't remember if I read that you had a tank going now or not, but if so something low maintenance is key! The recent interest in softies is great for that.

Cheers, Josh

Yeah I lucked out. I asked her nervously if she wanted me to take the tank down and she said no. Wheew! Its pretty automated and as you said softies are the way to go when you cant be as attentive to your tank.

Brett, Congratulations to you and your wife!! That's awesome!!! As far as not knowing anything about it, no worries. None of us do, until our first!!!

Thanks pal! :)

Congrats, we might convert you to a nice guy after all, amazing how a child can change a person!!

I say that in a nice way.

We shall see, I think it is true that it changes you. I have a buddy that was a pretty big hard ass, and after his kid was born he got very sensitive and now he cries at sad movies. :rolleyes: hopefully I dont turn out like that! :lol: Thanks Scooty.:)

Congrats dude! Kids are the best thing ever.

Thanks Chichas!

Good for you and dont worry I feel like I still dont know anything and she just turned 4.

Thank you :). I have a feeling that I will be saying the exact same thing in four years. :lol:

Oh man I thought you were leaving your wife for me!:evil:.

Eh.... no.......:confused:

Congrats Dude! Life will b achangin'!......................... FOR THE BETTER!

Thanks Tike!

Congrats dood :) !!
i hope you're getting ready for the sleepless nights :D

Thats actually what I fear the worst. I need my beauty sleep!:p

Actually that is one of the first things that came to mind! LOL

Brett!

Congrats my man!!!!

Tell the wife we said congrats too!

Swing by and hang out sometime...

Matt

Congratulations. Remember to give your wife lots of love and attention during the pregnancy ;) She may become an emotional wreck like me, but who knows all women are different. Once the baby is born, your wife will most likely be the happiest woman alive. Babies are great! I've got 11 weeks to go before our baby is due.

Back