Becoming a statistic

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hi Special Ed,
I like that. I can tell you that with the exception of this hobby, patience is not a virtue I possess and the patience I do have has been a hard learned experience. While I have been fortunate until now for the most part with being able to keep both fish and corals alive, I could be a serious contender for the poster boy of things not to do as far as set up and equipment go. And it started the 1st week I bought my 1st tank. To tell you how dumb I was, I ran my RO/DI line directly to the tank, and I kept watching the water level rise. Finally, the water starts filling up the corner overflow so I figured it wouldn't be too much longer. So I come back a little bit later and I notice that the water level isn't getting any higher. Well, that just didn't make any sense to me and it was about that time I noticed water all over the floor. Honestly, I just didn't know that the water was going into my original wet/dry filter and I let it go so long it overflowed. Sinse then, I've flooded my house and garage more times than I can possibly remember. On the other hand I was fortunate enough to meet a young guy that was trying to open a lfs about the time I was getting interested in corals and his honest advice has served me well. Plus the fact that I'm no longer able to play good golf and I can't sleep for long periods of time due to a bad back I have alot of time for my tanks and I read alot.
Jeff

Back