Best item for a tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hi Guys, what you are looking for can be found at any auto supply store, they are used to add acid/water to batteries, not so commonly seen in this day of sealed batteries, I bought two in case they become hard to find, you'll throw away your turkey basters when you get one of these, the bulb never detaches, I use mine mainly to blow detritus off my monti's , but as mentioned it has many uses, they don't come with clear acrylic, that is easily modded if desired, the rubber bulb is what makes these so great, so save on the shipping and waiting time and head to schucks or pep boys........

Last edited:
Jobiwan I don't feel bad, I already need to build about fifty of these.
I am getting more acrylic today. I just hope I can get the bulbs with the right hole. The one I have been using for years I can't get anymore but I am sure I can get these or at least modify them to work. Otherwise I have to get them at an Auto supply. Iused to be in that business and I can still get them wholesale.

LOL I was just trying to save you the trouble of mailing out dozens of these Paul, it's great that there are people like you out their that will go to such effort to help out fellow reefers, best regards, Joe

Today I received two rubber bulbs from two manufacturers, They are smaller than my original and not as strong so I am still looking. I will order some more from different makers today to see if I can get the exact ones I want.
I am donating one of the ones I got today to someone for her opinions but I still want the larger ones.

I ordered a dozen from another manufacturer to test, a dozen is the minimum order and the minimum shipping is $25.00 :rolleyes:
I really can't tell from the picture if they are what I am looking for and the company can't tell me :confused:
If these are good I will get fifty more. I have the acrylic tubing. If they are not exactly what I am looking for I will get a different manufacturer.
I am working on it. I don't know why they don't make the one I have anymore. :(
I will update

Thanks for the link Dave. I have been getting bombarded with rubber bulb manufacturers. I will be getting a bunch in a few days. I can get all the acrylic I need and am already stocked up on it. Now I have three kinds for myself to use but I still want the exact one that I started with. It holds 3 Oz. and is strong so it can be squeezed hard to blow stuff around. I also want one that the tube holds strong with no leakage. I am sure I will get what I want soon even if I have to have them manufactured.
Take care.
Paul

I received a dozen of these rubber bulbs which look OK. I have the acrylic tubes which I will bend. The tube length which I use is 12" and it also fits into an "Express Mail" shipping box.
They cost me to build $8.00. Some of that was for the $25.00 shipping.
I am going to put this on the selling forum because I don't think I can sell them here. See you there if you want one.
Paul ;)

reef baster

hey paul, was wondering if you have any more available, looking to purchase one, let me know. thanks
apollo

Back