Best item for a tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Paul B

I have been using one of these since my freshwater days and could not live without it. I use it at least four times a day, every day. I use it for feeding, because I target feed everything, I also use it to blow detritus off rocks or blow a dead animal out into the open. I pick up baby fish with it and suck up water for testing.
plasticbulb.jpg

I know there are turkey basters but these things are sturdier and the long, angled acrylic tube is perfect.
Anyone else use them?
Paul

What is it called and where did you get it? I find when I try to spot feed a regular turkey baster leaks out most of my food before I get it where I want it. Any ideas where I could find one?
Thanks in advance.

I buy the rubber bulbs and put in the acrylic tubes after I slightly heat bend it.
I figured everyone used them, I guess not. I should build a couple of cases of them.
Never thought about it because I use it so many times a day it's like it's part of me.

Aquarookie actually I was using this even in my fresh water days. I couldn't have a tank with out one. I use it for everything.
Paul

Last edited:
I buy the rubber bulbs and put in the acrylic tubes after I slightly heat bend it.
I figured everyone used them, I guess not. I should build a couple of cases of them.
Never thought about it because I use it so many times a day it's like it's part of me.

Build it, and they will come!! I heard that somewhere:D:D:D I would take one if you are willing to build it!!! In fact 2 of them would be great, just in case.

Or, if your real generous........ Could you let us know where to find just the bulb so we could build them ourselves and save on shipping form NY?

Trido I could but I am buying them in cases of 12 which are cheaper. I also bought the acrylic in quantity. I am just having trouble with the bore size. I need 3/8". On the weekend I can't get a hold of these people but tomorrow I will get them and see if they can manufacture them with the specs I want. If I do I can give you the address and you can get it from them if you like but you will still have to pay for shipping from them to you. I am ordering a few cases so the shipping is not too much. They also make them a few blocks from where I keep my boat so I am hoping that company will be able to accomidate me so I can just pick them up.
I am not making anything on these things and I know they will be about $9.00 or $10.00
The labor is free.
I will build a dozen or two and see how it goes.

What is it called and where did you get it? I find when I try to spot feed a regular turkey baster leaks out most of my food before I get it where I want it. Any ideas where I could find one?
Thanks in advance.

I'm with Deb; I try and target feed some of my LPS, and the turkey leakier thing-a-ma-bob just makes a mess!

Put me in for two as well....

Thanks Paul

Put me on the list too! Thanks. I've been looking for something like that.

Now if someone can make a grabber, I would be set.

I guess I will just post when I make them and you all can PM me for one.
I may have to convert my home to a factory. LOL

Back