Best LFS for Tangs?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I like barrier reef too, and blue sierra in issaquah but we only go to those stores maybe 2-3x/year. my opinion of barrier reef went down a bit after i bought macroalgae from one of their sumps and it had a lot of swimming anemones. this was a year ago and I still find one of those pests every now and then. I used to work in everett and stopped by the reef mystique every other week for free ro/di water. by doing that, i also picked up some other things while getting water and i do like that wil is willing to barter on items and he has frequent sales through his email list.

Hi Kirkland,

Lets see if we can't make that right and bring that opinion back up:D There was a while when the swimmers exploded in our refugium and our crew was instructed not to sell any macro or to sell it only after the customer was made aware of the aiptasia so they could pick through it before putting it in their sump or pass on it altogether. Sorry that some how you were not informed of this issue and have had to deal with the aiptasia ever since. We have worked hard to eliminate them from the one system and have gotten the population minimized. The guys are also supposed to inspect every piece to make sure that aiptasia never go home with anyone. If you PM me your name I'll leave a $25 gift card behind the front counter for your troubles.

Regards,
Cy

Last edited:
Hi Kirkland,

Lets see if we can't make that right and bring that opinion back up:D There was a while when the swimmers exploded in our refugium and our crew was instructed not to sell any macro or to sell it only after the customer was made aware of the aiptasia so they could pick through it before putting it in their sump or pass on it altogether. Sorry that some how you were not informed of this issue and have had to deal with the aiptasia ever since. We have worked hard to eliminate them from the one system and have gotten the population minimized. The guys are also supposed to inspect every piece to make sure that aiptasia never go home with anyone. If you PM me your name I'll leave a $25 gift card behind the front counter for your troubles.

Regards,
Cy

It's reasons like this why I will continue to shop there. I bought a fish a while back that ended up not making it. Not really any ones fault but Cy gave me store credit to replace it. I don't think any other store would have even thought twice about it.

i havent checked this store out yet but im feeling i need to soon after all these reviews and great customer service.

It's reasons like this why I will continue to shop there. I bought a fish a while back that ended up not making it. Not really any ones fault but Cy gave me store credit to replace it. I don't think any other store would have even thought twice about it.

That's what I love about Barrier Reef. I once bought a flasher wrasse (from a store in Issaquah) and it died the next day, I called them and they told me that they don't have guarantee on fish. Kinda lame.

I just got a Naso Tang from the shark reef that died the next day and Eric (the owner) gave me a store credit. They have some real nice fish in right now people should come check them out.

Back