Best LFS for Tangs?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mschrissygil

We ordered a hippo tang from Live Aquaria and it showed up laying on the bottom of the bag sideways and died that night...it also had what I think was ich...the grainy white spots.
So we don't want to mail order again, but also don't want to lose another one. What do you guys think is the best LFS in the area for tangs?

Thanks guys! We'll have to go check them out this week...we haven't been there yet. Jeff is on his way home now with a powder brown tang from Reef Mystique. Can't wait to see it!

Seattle #1 saltwater fish store.
We have 30 tangs in stock, normally 200 different speices to choose from.
Check us out, right off I-5 or 522.

ROB -ARSA

Did you notify Live Aquaria of the fish's death? They'll refund the price of the fish or give you credit, no questions asked.

Thanks for the replies, everyone! I called Live Aquaria as soon as I got him and they refunded me no questions asked. The new guy that we just got has ich also, and looks as if he's going to die soon. Jeff brought him home and while we were floating the bag for acclimation, I noticed white spots all over him. He's in the QT tank and Jeff just added the copper treatment. I hope he makes it...very pretty fish...I feel horrible for him. :( Chend2... thanks for the offer. Let me see how it goes with this guy, and then we'll go from there.

I just picked up a very nice Naso tang from A Red Sea Aquarium. They are definately worth dropping in for a visit if you are looking for fish.

The new guy didn't make it through the night. :( We'll check out BR and ARSA this weekend. Thanks a bunch for the replies and suggestions.

Yeah, Jeff called them today, and he said it was probably transport stress. So I don't know...we'll keep looking for a healthy one.

The Shark Reef in Silverdale... If you want to make a drive... Of the 3 fish I bought their, never had a problem with them, & all 3 or healthy & happy in my tank to this day

I've had pretty good luck with shark reef in silverdale as well.

including my blue hippo tang that I got from them back in fep/mar
he's even been thru a tank upgrade
currently king of the tank ;)

The Shark Reef in Silverdale... If you want to make a drive... Of the 3 fish I bought their, never had a problem with them, & all 3 or healthy & happy in my tank to this day

the owner of reef mystique, wil, used to work at the shark reef before he moved to lake stevens and opened up his own store.

reef mystique is pretty cool some very nice tanks but a lot of the stuff there isn't priced which weirded me out...one of the nicer places around marysville/everett area that i've noticed. only complaint is that i dont want to ask how much this this this and this costs i'd like to just browse

reef mystique is pretty cool some very nice tanks but a lot of the stuff there isn't priced which weirded me out...one of the nicer places around marysville/everett area that i've noticed. only complaint is that i dont want to ask how much this this this and this costs i'd like to just browse

I have the same complaint. I've only been once, didn't like that there were no prices listed. I haven't been back since. I go to Barrier Reef much more often than any other LFS.

I have the same complaint. I've only been once, didn't like that there were no prices listed. I haven't been back since. I go to Barrier Reef much more often than any other LFS.

I like barrier reef too, and blue sierra in issaquah but we only go to those stores maybe 2-3x/year. my opinion of barrier reef went down a bit after i bought macroalgae from one of their sumps and it had a lot of swimming anemones. this was a year ago and I still find one of those pests every now and then. I used to work in everett and stopped by the reef mystique every other week for free ro/di water. by doing that, i also picked up some other things while getting water and i do like that wil is willing to barter on items and he has frequent sales through his email list.

Back