Best PAR, Best look without actinics...??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

if your corals look brown under 12 k reeflux, you might want to invest your efforts into the excess nutrients and or phosphates in your system that are causing your corals to be brown
Could you point me to a link with more information about this cause of browning?

Thanks

I prefer a white light, too....so XM 10k for me :)

Best,
Ilham

See, its all about preference. I have used the phoenix 14K and I currently have a set of 10K coralvue reeflux and set of 10K XMs running. I like the reeflux and cant stand the XMs. I am debating on going back to the phoenix 14Ks on all of my tanks when my bulbs get old

See, its all about preference. I have used the phoenix 14K and I currently have a set of 10K coralvue reeflux and set of 10K XMs running. I like the reeflux and cant stand the XMs. I am debating on going back to the phoenix 14Ks on all of my tanks when my bulbs get old

ive been with XM's for quite a while now and love them.....I just bought some 10k reeflux to play with......ive got one bulb out of three in in one of my tanks just to see what it looks like.

MAN is that thing pink. its only been two days, but is that going to go away after burn in??

there is defintely more flouresce to it than the XM......but if it comes at a price of that pink hue...it probably isnt going to be something I could use.

I dont run supplemental...just the 10k halides....

just curious..... :)

My 10K reeflux were very bluish at first & then chrispened up to a whiter color, I love it but yea it is a personal choice IMO, I sometimes wonder why we're not pushing H.O.T5 more LOL!

Duane,

What do you not like about the XM's? How do you perceive the difference between those and the Reeflux 10K's?

Ended up buying a 20k XM and love it! The new icecap HQI ballast drives the bulb a little harder than the older style icecap ballast. What you end up with is a white with blue tint bulb. =)

Back