Bidding war

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

it is not like the seller is going to say, "$1,000 is all that i'll take and not a penny more."
but i think it is about making the tank look nice and try not to go broke by trading and selling coral.

that thing is TINY!!!
@ least if it dies during shipping they will replace it... gee i hope UPS doesn't go on strike and it die twice during shipping...

Mike have you read all the Miami thread on all the major forums? Yes WWC bought a 2 eyed frag of it from Jason for $1500 and yes only 4 people total has it. What bothers me is that in most of the threads they want to justify the price by saying the he is such a serious collecter and has a "TRUE" passion and dediction to the hobby. C'mon is he serious? That is a slap in the face to the rest of us in the hobby isn't it? The rest of us don't?

Nope, I haven't read what's going on on all of the forums, just on 4 of them...lol. So far, I haven't seen a lot of what you're talking about. Is it WWC or Jason that's being referred to? I would say that Jason is a very serious collector. I don't know about "passion or dedication to the hobby."

I've never heard anything negative about WWC and am just hearing about this "Jason" guy, in the past couple of days, due to reading about the MyMiami ebay auction. Seems There's a lot about Jason I haven't read...lol.

Jason is so greedy that he sold the first 2 eyed frag to WWC for $1500 and that set the price. He even sold it to two of his "buddies" for the same price. In one post his family member said "Even I would have to pay the $1500 price tag"

Ok that is just greedy, or maybe I am just too much of a giving kind of guy. For a free coral for Jason it really has made his a popular guy.

BTW I am renaming a piece or two of the coral I got from you Sid. So they are one of a kinds and only I have them. Then I will tell everyone how serious I am and how much passion I have. Then can I charge $1500.00 a frag?

LMAO if it was just that easy!

Nope, I haven't read what's going on on all of the forums, just on 4 of them...lol. So far, I haven't seen a lot of what you're talking about. Is it WWC or Jason that's being referred to? I would say that Jason is a very serious collector. I don't know about "passion or dedication to the hobby."

I've never heard anything negative about WWC and am just hearing about this "Jason" guy, in the past couple of days, due to reading about the MyMiami ebay auction. Seems There's a lot about Jason I haven't read...lol.

WWC is partnered with Jason. Why you think they are sharing the same booth at all the trade shows? WWC Serious collector or not what ever! You might have to read more on this My Miami and Jason and its origin and the so called awsome story behind it. Yes he has said that he is a serious collector that is passionate and dedicated to the hobby and spends countless hours on his tank with now help. HMMMM myself and others might not be a "Serious" collector but most all of us spend countless hours on our system and maintain our tanks our selves LOL. Anyways this whole My Miami thing is stupid.

Roscoe, that's what I'm getting at, Yes, I might need to do some more reading!! Care to share some sites or sources that I can read? I had no idea that WWC and Jason partnered up at the trade shows. I really would like to read more, but don't even know where to begin a google search. Typing "Jason" obviously isn't going to get me anywhere.

I do know that I spend what sure seems like countless hours on my system...lol. But I love it!!

Roscoe, that's what I'm getting at, Yes, I might need to do some more reading!! Care to share some sites or sources that I can read? I had no idea that WWC and Jason partnered up at the trade shows. I really would like to read more, but don't even know where to begin a google search. Typing "Jason" obviously isn't going to get me anywhere.

I do know that I spend what sure seems like countless hours on my system...lol. But I love it!!

All kinds of thread on R2R and RC. I read through so many of them I don't know which is which anymore and the ones on R2R with anything My Miami is closed.

2k!!!!...If I was the seller I'd play a joke on him and send him a small chalice skeleton and see how he reacted. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

damn i missed it! what was the final selling price? the last one i saw was $1875.00

Yeah a very sic piece! If i had 20 thou id buy instantly a must have! What i think about the whole situation really you can't hate on wwc or j fox nontheless if someone wants to pay that much then it will go for that much! I hear every piece by j fox tangerine dreans, crazy fox rainbow (which im gonna get hear soon :)) and my miami all have went up in price do to popularity of j fox introducing the my miami! He's worth more money now! Ppl can hate but its a part of life it makes the world go round!

Back