Billions of flatworms

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

OK I would like to change the name of this thread to billions of brittle stars. The flatworms seem to still be with me but not as many as before. Maybe only millions now :confused:
I am more impressed by the multitudes of brittle stars. I knew I had a lot but I had no idea I had this many.
Iwas target feeding my copperband butterfly and some clams went under a ledge of a rock. Immediately the area became a sea of arms. Then from a near by rock, more arms emerged until it looked like they were playing
"It's Raining Men" at a female spider convention.
There were arms all over the place. Or is it legs? Anyway, I was curious so I lifted some more rocks and they are all over the place. They were always in there, just not in those numbers.
Cute little suckers and like the flatworms, amphipods, tubeworms and everything else in there, they are welcome to stay as long as they like.

Flat worms thrive in areas with low water flow and high light, I had a huge problem with them I picked up a Blue Velvet Nudibranch, wow that little guy went crazy and he grew a bunch. I think I actually saw the flat worms trying to get away from him right before his little tongue thing slurped them up. I have since changed the water flow and I use CoralRX to dip my coral before I put them in my tank and haven't had a problem in months

Here is a link to one although I was able to pick one up from a local fish store for around 25$

Saltwater Invertebrates for Marine Reef Aquariums: Blue Velvet Nudibranch

Hope that helps

Steve

Thats a cool nudibranch, but mo flatworms don't go on the corals for some reason so they don't bother me and I will leave them alone for now.
Thanks
Paul

Back