Board of Director Nomimations for the 2010/11 year

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. And I need to drive twenty five miles in the middle of a Saturday so I can learn how to frag a ****ing coral. That is some stupid ****.

BTW Lets be honest here. The only people that have stated they do not like the ideas so far are those who are currently on the BOD. Of course they are going to disagree.

Maybe we should listen to everyones complaints. Ban alcohol since some people can't keep it together. We will ban meetings at homes of cat owners. (we don't want anyone to have an allergic reaction). We cannot have any foods or snacks that contain gluten as I have Celiac Sprue disease.

Don't vote for us. Just rent out the huge warehouse and bait people in with free frags. A bunch of vultures ripping apart a dead zebra usually don't stop to converse with each other, its too chaotic. Thats all I'm saying.

Alright. I'm not going to bother explaining it again. I never said KEGGER.

Maybe it's better to invite over a few friends we like, and bs about reef. The twisting of words has been going on for the last three years. Ask as Mike Bell. Ask Steven Walters. The PSAS isn't worth trying to modify.

Forget Steven and I ever posted here. I'll keep my 30 bucks and pay the extra 10% at barrier reed.

Yeah. And I need to drive twenty five miles in the middle of a Saturday so I can learn how to frag a ****ing coral. That is some stupid ****.
Buddy why are you getting upset. :(no need....
you asked for peoples thoughts.
I am really sorry :(
You may not want to or need to come to the fragging meeting. but there are other members out there that don't know how to frag.. so they want to come..
I never said a kegger, i said BBQ and beers.

On average, what percentage of members show up to meetings?

Excluding the Bob Moore, on average 20% of the members show at a regular meeting, this is right in line with other saltwater clubs we have talked to.

I think you need to remember that not everyone is an expert on things and some of us are new to the hobby and still have years of learning ahead of us. I get that the more advanced people don't need the review... but everyone was a newbe at some point.

Darko - thats the whole point of someone new coming to ANY meeting and getting to ask one on one infront of a live tank. Usually that person will get an instant lesson on fragging plus the frag.

I dont think many know where or why the PSAS started. It surely wasnt to get discounts and free corals.

Time for all to lighten up and allow cooler heads to prevail. All suggestions have been excellent. And yes, Crystal and Kris, you each were responsible for setting Brett off who was just trying to help. How about accepting all contributions as positive in lieu of shooting them down due to being outside of one's comfort zones. (Not the first time this has happened) As board members, if this is the policy that we wish, then make it so. Otherwise, all suggestions are good ones whether voted in or passed on.

Back to nominations please.

I have to echo what Mike says....I have bit my tongue on this and stayed out of it, but I really don't like the way this is going. I would prefer people to just post the following:

1) what position are you nominating for (self or otherwise)
2) what are you proposing doing with the club (especially pertinent if you are going for president).

I don't think this is the place for feedback or debate. I would encourage this to happen either in a separate thread started by the person looking for feedback on ideas or through PMs.

Finally, please reframe from claiming "most money" or "biggest turnout" type things. I have been to a meeting that had 100+ and others that had less than 5.....both equally fun and enlightening. I have seen ridiculous amounts of money come in and go out thus making us no money, but people were very happy with what we did. The beer used to be a part of the meetings for those that chose to take part and all were responsible for themselves as well as watching out for those they call friends. You don't need a speaker at every meeting and to be frank about it....it gets old for those of us that have been around a while.

The club will change and have highs and lows. I don't care about what we did...I care about what we are going to do.

I say all this having been the president for several years, VP for a year and an active member for a long long time.

Good luck to all and thank you to anyone willing to step up....it is more than most are willing to do. I commend you for that. I hope there are some changes that will make me want to go to more meetings. I am happy to discuss things with folks in a separate thread appropriate for it or via PM.

-Reed

Time for all to lighten up and allow cooler heads to prevail. All suggestions have been excellent. And yes, Crystal and Kris, you each were responsible for setting Brett off who was just trying to help. How about accepting all contributions as positive in lieu of shooting them down due to being outside of one's comfort zones. (Not the first time this has happened) As board members, if this is the policy that we wish, then make it so. Otherwise, all suggestions are good ones whether voted in or passed on.

Back to nominations please.

Okay Mike I do not understand why I am being called out here. I only expressed my opinion when asked (I would assume if someone asked for thoughts that they wanted them, or was I only allowed to agree). After the one time expressing of my opinion I have only contributed to making sure all parties understand the requiremnets for nominations, try to prevent the assumption that the club was in trouble and answer Stevens question as to attendence.

Say for instance, I, as a non PSAS member, am allowed to nominate someone. How do I know who is eligible for nomination?

Sorry I missed these questions earlier.

Well the charter does not cover who can nominate, so I guess you can.

As far as knowing who is eligible, I think as a courtesy you should ask someone if they want the position before you nominate them, and since the only requirements are being in good standing, i.e. dues are paid and attending two meetings in the year, you could just ask them if they meet the requirements when talking to them about the nomination.

Wow, this thread blew up. So,
We have nominations for
Tom (workaholic) for president
Crystal (crystalclear125) for VP
John (johnpeezy) for membership chair
and if I read correctly?
Brett has rescinded his offer to help on the BOD?
Steven, Are you still wanting a position?

I would like to stay on at Secretary position if no one disagrees. I like to be part of the club.

And yes, new ideas are always great :). However, please keep in mind that other ideas were implemented by BOD as deemed necessary. We may not agree to all of them, but it is not a good idea to "discredit" someone else's work.

Hmm, well having just got home and now read the thread i'm not entirely sure what to say......lol I am a bit flattered that folks would think I would be a good fit for president which is great. I can see the benefits of both sides of the "debate" that has been going on. I may have my own personal bias towards one side over the other but both definitely have at least some merit.

Ghazni: I sure dont have any issues about you continuing on as secretary.

Umm, thanks for the nomination :)

Tom

Ya,for some reasonthe PSAS forum on RF has always been a place for turmoil and confrontation. Our web site is typically peaceful, our meetings are fun and have never been a problem. But for some reason, this forum tends to collect animosity. There are several ways future BODs can take the club and we'll all have opinions. If we can be civil, Id bet as a group we can find the best way together.

Duane, your contributions toward peace and harmony will be missed. I only hope the next Pres will be able to follow in your footsteps.

Out of respect of the Reef Frontiers community and the moderators the PSAS BOD is asking to have this thread closed and nominations will be conducted on the PSAS website.

As a reminder,

From the PSAS Charter: Only Members in good standing who have attended at least 2 (two) meetings in the current membership year are eligible for nomination for office for the following membership year.

The complete club charter can be found at http://thepsas.org/forum/psas_charter.php

I don't want anybody to miss out on their opportunity so wanted to add this reminder so those considering positions still have the time to attend a second meeting if needed.

Formal BOD Positions:

President
Vice President
Treasurer
Secretary
Membership Chair

There you go...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back