bob moore frag swap

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I'm new to SPS but I have some frags to bring. Nothing spectacular I suppose but I'll have some birdsnest frags, staghorn frags, orange monti cap frags, a lepricon monti, and hopefully a few other bits. Just curious, but this will be the first time that corals have left my house. What's the best way to get these to the swap safely?

Mike

Barrier Reef Gift Certificates and more

I stopped by Barrier Reef tonight and they gave me 4 gift certificates for the Frag Swap, they also will be making a coral donation for the free raffle.

Thank you Cy and gang for your ongoing support of the PSAS!

I am really getting excited for this event!

I'm new to SPS but I have some frags to bring. Nothing spectacular I suppose but I'll have some birdsnest frags, staghorn frags, orange monti cap frags, a lepricon monti, and hopefully a few other bits. Just curious, but this will be the first time that corals have left my house. What's the best way to get these to the swap safely?

Mike

bag them and put them in a Styrofoam box or a small lunchbox type cooler..
I like to take a one gallon bag (double them up for safety) and fill it with warm water from the tank of from the faucet and put it in with the little bags with corals in them,, this helps them keep warm longer..
And on the plus side there is gonna be soo much water there you can get warm stuff and keep your corals warm.

on a side note. I get my new camera tommorow so I will be clicking away at the PSAS frags for the swap... :)

heres a few pics of the PSAS frags to give away
more to come in the next few days! (pics I mean)
newcamerapics007.jpg

newcamerapics020.jpg

newcamerapics033.jpg

newcamerapics059.jpg

newcamerapics071.jpg

newcamerapics081.jpg

newcamerapics082.jpg

newcamerapics083.jpg

newcamerapics084.jpg

newcamerapics088.jpg

newcamerapics126-1.jpg

REMEMBER PSAS MEMBERS!!!

Any member is welcome to set up a small tank and sell/trade there stuff..

If you are not a member but want to set up a small tank pay for a membership at the door and you'll be good as gold!!! There will be someone there to collect fee's from 10 am on.....

All are welcome to do this....

This is what makes this thing so fun is all the choices..

Last year we could have spent thousands on goodies and there was only like 8 tanks there ..
I would like to seee lots more this year..

BUT if you do want to set up a tank,, bring a cord and a power bar for you lights and stuff..
ALSO the doors will be open at 10 am to get your corals in the tank and settled in before the meeting starts..

Thank you Danno, For putting up a pic of BOB...
I know he would be embarrassed ,, But the Pic on this thread really lets it hit home what he's did and has done for the locals Reef community..

Thanks for taking the time to hunt down and post the pic of Bob, Dan. I never met him but try to keep his generosity alive from my household.

Well unfortunatley our corals didn't grow as fast as I told them too for the swap. I talked to Lisa and we decided to chop a frag off of two of the zoas we have.

One is a purpleish pink one that is a great grower very fast.
The other is a fire and ice with more of a star center.

We would love to find a polyp of any of the following
Candy apple red
Goblins fire
rainbow acans
anything cool!!!

I know we don't have much to trade but maybe we could work out a deal for greenback if necessary...and next year we will be prepared!!! ;)
Here are some pics.

DSCN0057.jpg

DSCN0057.jpg

Wow Adam....you're getting really good with that new camera. Especially like the pic from yesterday with so many frags on the frag rack. Still trying to figure how to take good pics with my new camera, I need a macro lense.

Back