bob moore frag swap

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

got a more accurate count on our pick up tonight..
pulsing zania 4+ 2" frags
1"+ plating green pavona x4 frags
2"x1" encrusting green pavona x1
red with blue rim acan 7+heads
light green with dark green mouth acans 7+ heads
mint green acans 7+ heads
Lava red chalice 3-4 frags (3/4-1+")
pineapple chalice 4 frags (3/4-1+")
baby blue chalice 4-5 frags
2" multi branch hydnophora x1
2-4" green stag acro x5 frags
2-4" multi branch tricolor acro (green w/ purplyblue tips) x5 frags
1-3" German blue acro 4 frags
20+ assorted mushrooms
1 1/2"-2" satosa x1
unknown encrusting monti frags 1+" 7+ frags.

AGAIN, these are all in the "give away " frags..

Last edited:
BTW

PSAS Bob Moore Frag Swap
Come join the PSAS at one o-clock, Saturday February 20th at the Meridian Grange hall in Kent, Washington. On this day we will be holding our third annual Bob Moore Frag Swap.
It's been told that Bob was the most generous reefer one could hope to meet, he never asked for anything for himself when sharing his coral, only that you paid it forward to another reefer. The PSAS hopes to keep that spirit alive. The Bob Moore frag swap is just one event where we take a moment to reflect on Bob's generosity and his reefing philosophy.
The event is growing larger and more exciting by the year. The PSAS BOD searches very hard to find the best value on aquacultered and maricultered frags to share with the club.
This year we've started early on our hunt and already have near 100 frags to give away during our free raffle. You're guaranteed to leave with at least one coral by attending this event. The frags are being donated by the LFS sponsors, members and the club alike. New to this year, is having sponsors attend with commitments from Icecap Inc. and Seattle Aqua Farm already. Several others are talking with us too.
This is a members only event. Memberships can be purchased at the door, or early via PayPal on our web site shown here.. membership_paypal.php

Please join us for this exciting event to help keep Bob's spirit alive in the Seattle area.

When?
February 20th, 2010 (1:00 PM – 5:00 PM)
those who have tanks to set up and sell are welcome to come as early as 10-1030 am..

Where?
Meridian Grange Hall #265
15422 SE 272nd St.
Kent, WA 98042-4231

Last edited:
got a more accurate count on our pick up tonight..
pulsing zania 4+ 2" frags
1"+ plating green pavona x4 frags
2"x1" encrusting green pavona x1
red with blue rim acan 7+heads
light green with dark green mouth acans 7+ heads
mint green acans 7+ heads
Lava red chalice 3-4 frags (3/4-1+")
pineapple chalice 4 frags (3/4-1+")
baby blue chalice 4-5 frags
2" multi branch hydnophora x1
2-4" green stag acro x5 frags
2-4" multi branch tricolor acro (green w/ purplyblue tips) x5 frags
1-3" German blue acro 4 frags
20+ assorted mushrooms
1 1/2"-2" satosa x1
unknown encrusting monti frags 1+" 7+ frags.

AGAIN, these are all in the "give away " frags..

WOW! this is getting to be quite the collection of give away frags.

Tom

I just got off the phone with Kyle from Zesty Reef.
He and Mark will be joining us for this event too. Kyle mentioned a real nice donation for the free raffle tank. More details coming soon.

Wow, this really seems like the place to be on the 20th! I will be there. I went to the last meeting with Melev and learned a few things, but this seems like it would be more interesting since I am just learning on corals. Is there a specific container I need/should bring that would make it easier for transporting corals from Kent to Everett? Did I see there are going to be some AOG's there? I think they are sweet, and would love to get my hands on some (if they will work with my setup...45G tall with Nova Extreme lighting)

Thanks!

Josh

Last edited:
Wow, this really seems like the place to be on the 20th! I will be there. I went to the last meeting with Melev and learned a few things, but this seems like it would be more interesting since I am just learning on corals. Is there a specific container I need/should bring that would make it easier for transporting corals from Kent to Everett? Did I see there are going to be some AOG's there? I think they are sweet, and would love to get my hands on some (if they will work with my setup...45G tall with Nova Extreme lighting)

Thanks!

Josh

A small cooler (styro or otherwise) would be your best bet.

Tom

I am really hoping to attend and become a member of the PSAS! See everyone there on the 20th... hopefully

O.k. just fraged the AOG colony I have ten frags from one frag with two polyps most are 4-5 and one of 7 polyps..
Ten total..
Yes ten frags of AOG's
there will be 5 4-5 polyp mowhawks.
one SWEET frag of 5+ polyps of true king midus zoo's too. :)
along with ten plus frags of fire and Ice
and a few red people eaters I have ten + polyps to frag out so prolly 2 polyps each frag giv or take..
(depends what the exacto knife does..)

Back